What's new

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU: Special Giveaway

I vote yoda. He lived to the age of 900, meaning that he had hundreds of years to master the force and his techniques. Also, do to his size, he was very agile and quick.
All and all, I think his experience and wisdom would trump Luke's newly acquired power.

I'm stuck at the intersection trying to figure out how to measure the prime of a fictional character. . . Oh, heck- Yoda, win a fight he would. . .

If I remember my expanded universe lore properly, Luke had the ability and potential to be the most powerful Jedi that ever lived. Whether that potential was ever reached (I unfortunately lost track of it in my late 20's) I have no idea. So if that's taken into account, I'd go with Luke, personally. Now whether he would get to the point where he kills Yoda..? No, not in his character. But potentially beat in a duel a la Vader in Jedi? Yes, definitely.*

Hopefully we get to see all that potential in Ep VIII..!

*I've taken this far too seriously, haven't I?

I'm with these guys. I'll go Yoda, but just because I don't really think we've ever seen Luke in his prime. And he's green. Green guys rock.

I am going to have to go with Yoda... When he was dueling with Dooku and Palpatine, he was already past his prime.
And everyone eventually gives up fighting him with the saber and starts throwing stuff at him...
That hit box though, it's so small!

That being said, Luke was just starting out on his journey...
We'll see what happens in SW8!

But yeah, from what we know so far, Yoda...

Last edited:
LUKE...USE THE FORCE...

Those words were always uttered by Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan who was the best of the order of Jedi. He discovered how to communicate with the ones who had died. He had talked with and learned from the oldest and best Jedi masters. He even spent some time learning from his own departed master Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan taught Luke how to do the same thing, and became Luke's mentor and inner voice of reason. But Luke was special, he had the potential to be vastly more powerful than Obi-Wan due to the high midichlorian content in his body. Vader recognized how much more power Luke had than himself and he wanted to turn Luke so that the two of them could get rid of Darth Sidious and rule the galaxy from the Dark side.
Obi-Wan had seen Anakin grow up and knew how powerful he could be, but he also knew Anakin could not keep balance and tended to the Dark side. Which is how Obi-Wan defeated Anakin and cut off his legs. He also knew Luke from childhood and saw how much greater Luke's power was compared to Anakin. And he saw Luke's ability to maintain balance was also much greater than his father.
Obi-Wan couldn't defeat Darth Vader later in life because he wouldn't allow anger to guide his lightsabre. And he knew Luke would learn from his death the importance of remaining on the Light side of the force.

After Obi-Wan's death, Luke's progression and training was intense and deep. He had access to Obi-Wan through meditative contact and access to Yoda for his final training. Yoda makes clear in his own words how much greater Luke's power was to Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, or any other Jedi who had ever lived.

Luke is like the Superman of Jedi. He has the greatest control, the greatest power, and the greatest potential. He is the "Neo" or the chosen one who alone has the power to restore balance in the Force. No one realized or knows for sure what that really means. But there are several possibilities.

Yoda's fighting style was called Form IV. here is a description of it from another website;

An aggressive style, Form IV was fast-paced and effective against single opponents, though weaker in prolonged combat and confined spaces. Also, it was not recommended for use against opponents wielding blasters. Ataru was characterized by Force-assisted acrobatics, such as somersaults and leaping strikes, both for attack and defense. Another characteristic of the form was its fast, powerful strikes from multiple directions. Notable users of this combat form during the Old Republic included Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn.​

A nice style but it would be no match for Luke's use of Form V. And ability to use the Force to defend against Yoda's attacks.

The Luke of the early movies is not the Luke who would fight Yoda. But even if he was the early Luke he would still likely win the fight.:thumbup1:

I think though, that due to both of their strength in the light side of the force and not giving in to anger, but rather being peaceful, they would not fight each other anyhow......

Yoda 'cos he's a smaller target and at family jewels height.

I'm in Canada but can provide a US address should I win. Thanks for the opportunity!

Top Bottom