Tree
Where do you live?
Victoria BC
What is your age (or) generation?
GenX
What are you in the real world?
Happy
What is your favorite shave setup?
Progress on 1, Treet Plat, Ceta, Mike's, Alum, Balm. Ask me in a week and it will probably change!
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Family, outdoors, E30's (I have a '92 325ic)
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I can be a bit shy but generally enjoy life and try to do the right thing.

Hi Guys,

A quick intro.. I started wet shaving as a XMas gift to myself last Christmas. Carts gave me wicked burn over 20 years, and my electric was gentle but left my skin grey and dry. I started googling and came across all these lovely creams and brushes that looked like fun.

I started with a Progress, some Mr. Taylor and a blade pack. Wasn't happy with much in the pack and found Polsilver and GSB's. Bought a Stealth Slant off the Bay (yikes!) that helped my shave a lot. I am now 5 months in and have had a few recent revelations..

1. The skin on my neck is incredibly dry and needs a lot of moisturizer, but when moisturized it is smooth, happy and so much easier to shave!
2. Hydrocort can be a godsend once in a blue moon
3. Treet Platinums are really smooth, still sharp and don't bite the way Polsilver SI and GSB can
4. Spoon grip and tiny strokes on the neck are lovely
5. I cannot recommend Cetaphil highly enough for beginners.. it can make up for (some) bad technique, and bad product
6. Tallow is your friend, and Mike's are amazing

I am now back to the Progress daily and loving it. My skin looks and feels great, I am shaving daily with no razor burn which I love. What a great way to start the day.

Oh and thanks to all of you who post regularly, I have probably spent 50 hours in the past 6 months on more topics than I can name. You guys have helped a tonne!

Top Bottom