What's new

Tabac first user

Tabac is a favourite in my den and is the benchmark by which I judge all soaps in terms of performance. I love the stuff and I certainly don't dislike the scent. It sets a high bar to be sure.

Haslinger and Stirling score very high marks against Tabac but I still consider Tabac King.

Tabac is a favourite in my den and is the benchmark by which I judge all soaps in terms of performance. I love the stuff and I certainly don't dislike the scent. It sets a high bar to be sure.

Haslinger and Stirling score very high marks against Tabac but I still consider Tabac King.
[MENTION=96585]FatboyFan[/MENTION] Tabac is not a King, remember this Tabac is a Holy Grail :thumbup:

I'm waiting for it to get restocked at Perfumania

For a long time Tabac soap (which I looked for via their search engine) was listed but out of stock; but now it's not even listed, apparently. In fact, the only men's product of any sort (which I looked for through category) that they list is Tabac cologne.

I Bought a shaving stick refill. I am PIFing half of it to another fellow b&b member to try. I broke out a carving knife to cut it in two. Very dense soap. My wife and I both enjoyed the smell. I applied to my face and face lathered it. I noticed it was very easy to apply and work into a nice rich lather. I found it to be very slick and protective. Afterwards I noticed my face being very supple. Something I have not noticed with other soaps or creams.

All I can say is move over PRORASO.

I was going to PM you my thoughts but figured my review would benefit everyone if I posted it here.

I am the lucky guy he PIFed the other half to and I must say I am very impressed. I have heard so many horror stories about the scent and whilst I am not a fan of the smell, it is not unbearable by any means. My wife received the package yesterday and the first thing she said was that it smelled like her father, I didn't know if that was a good thing or bad but she didn't seem deterred. I gave it a go last night, then this morning. I must say that this soap is incredibly easy to lather, fast to load and once the brush hit my face it was exploding in no time. Slickness was great, cushion was amazing, and the post shave was nice and clean. It did not have the same post shave feel as Stirling for me, but it did leave my skin feeling clean and soft. I was thoroughly impressed on the longevity of the soap. I only loaded for 10-15 seconds and was able to complete a 4 pass shave with a clean-up from the excess. I can definitely see myself purchasing Tabac in the future.

Thanks again Joe!

Top Bottom