What's new

Help choose lather bowl

No need for a fancy or expensive lathering bowl. I use a sugar bowl that I found at a thrift store. Cost me 62 cents with tax.

I bought a Schone bowl a few months ago. It has swirls and indentations inside and out to build a nice lather. And I love how it looks on my shelf. I prefer to hold a lather bowl in the palm of my hand so no need for handles. It fits my hand perfectly. Here's a picture from a site that sells them. (P.S. I also own the brush pictured in the bowl)

Schöne Pottery Blue Shaving Soap Bowl
Image 4 of 6

I also just ordered this Creek Road Pottery bowl on Etsy. It is the totally round version. They also have one that is shaped to hold a brush. I didn't think that was necessary for $3 more. I'm kind of the keep-it-simple-stupid type. I can't wait until it gets here. Let's face it. I'm addicted to buying gear. The good news is that now I only need to buy an additional one of each bowl so that if I accidentally drop it, I'll have another waiting in the wings. I know. I have an illness. At least that is what my wife has been telling me. I'm beginning to think she's right.

proxy.php

I have two captains choice bowls. The regular sized blue and the gunmetal gray large. Love them both. I'm a face latherer 70% of the time. But when I do bowl lather, they work ridiculously well. Definitely worth the money.
This!

No need for a fancy or expensive lathering bowl. I use a sugar bowl that I found at a thrift store. Cost me 62 cents with tax.

I agree as I started with a cereal bowl lol but I really like my Captains Choice bowl. But I bought a scuttle from Dirty Bird Pottery and haven't touched my bowl since. I will now that summer is coming though.

I'm totally happy with my Captain's Choice cobalt bowl. I've used a couple of smaller bowls and a mug a few times but if the CC ever breaks I'll get another immediately.

I hope you enjoy your g12 scuttle. I've heard they are very nice. I just purchased a dottie's shaving bowl from symmetrical pottery that I'm loving. Lathers like a beast, bit not as luxurious as a scuttle that keep the lather warm.

proxy.php

Top Bottom