What's new

"Outing The Secret Boar Hair Brush" or "The Nu-cu-ler Option" (now with poll)

Do you still use at least one boar hair brush in your rotation?

• Yes

• No

• No comment. I pledged to keep the conspiracy going.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok, in spite of the lush, incredible performances given by our uber-premium badger hair brushes, how many of you secretly keep at least one boar hair brush in rotation or as the "nuclear option".

I confess. I have a very scrubby one in the shower I use for preshave/prep everyday.

Never had a bore brush..................ever.

but I did just get a Men-U synthetico offering.............Feels a lot like I imagine boar would.

I have an Omega beechwood handle boar bristle, and I miss my old Wilkinson Sword one which I wore out so I think I'm going to get a replacement.

My preferred brush of choice at this time is an Omega wood handled boar brush:smile:
My badgers, bests,supers,and silvertips are "riding the pines"for a while:mad3:
FredC.

Secretly? I only use a boar brush. Never used anything else. (I'll admit that I'm a newbie, and there might be a badger brush in my future, but at the moment I don't feel the need and I have no plans to buy one.)

JPK

Most days, I reach for some type of badger brush. But sometimes, I just gotta have that scrubby feeling. I reach my arm all the way to the back of my shave cabinet and pull out the old Billy Baroo - an Omego pro boar.

Two or three times a month, but its old like me and really long term friends, can sometimes, be few and far between.

Nothing wrong with a decent boar brush - I have a cheapie Wilkinson that I just bought a while back.

Its too skritchy for face lathering, but I do enjoy using mine every now and again.

I still have an old cheap, scratchy Wilkinson Sword brush which I think is boar (quite happy to be corrected on that point). Anyway it lives it my kit bag for the gym but I like it for face lathering. I prefer my EJ and BK4 brushes for lathering in a bowl.

Had a conk delux boar. the wife uses it now. (being dulux and imported, it has to be good, right?) it is actually a nice brush. softer than the conk pure. but it did not hold water or heat like my CEBBB.

Top Bottom