What's new

Good cream for hard water

Noob, using palmolive cream as it was readily available I have no problem with the cream itself I can get a good lather using a bowl, it affords me good protection and the smell is not bad

But,

Coupled with hard water the soap scum it produces is enough to cause me to have to wipe the razor during use so my question is to fellow hard water cream users, what cream do you use or can recommend?

Mallorca, Spain has hard water, unfortunately opening a TTO or taking a 3-piece razor apart, taking out the blade and rinsing it under the cold tap at full pressure, blowing all surface water off it, then scrubbing the razor under the hot tap and polishing it on a towel before putting the blade back in the razor and closing it up ready for my next shave is something I've had to learn to live with.
It only takes 30 seconds after every shave and it's the lesser of 2 evils compared to a gunked up razor and lots of elbow grease a few days later.
However, there are some Spanish made products that perform well in hard water...
Magno Classic black hand soap- it even lathers up in seawater, it's great in the shower
Bea, Lea and La Toja shaving sticks - lather like a dream
Bea, Lea, La Toja and Williams Expert shaving creams - even lather in cold water

NB- careful wiping your razor during use, you could easily damage the coating on the surface of the blade and dull the edge !!

Top Bottom