What's new

The Haberdashery's First Annual Hawaiian Shirt contest

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
With summer coming on, it is time for our first annual Hawaiian shirt contest. The contest is easy- submit one picture of you wearing your favorite Hawaiian shirt. The contest will run until the 14th of May, at which time another thread will be started for voting. Will the best example of a Hawaiian shirt be the winner, or the most ridiculous? That will be up to the whim of the voters. The winner will be granted a custom title, if desired, inspired by their shirt. So don those shirts, and have some fun.

Important edit: I don't know why I didn't think about this before, but some people may be reluctant to post their face on the Internet. If that is the case for you, but you still want to join in, just crop your face out of the pic (or take a picture neck down) and hold a piece of paper with your screen name on it. Since I made this change, I am going to end the a day later than originally stated- it will end Sunday night at midnight central time.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Sorry, guys, I haven't mastered time travel. I have changed March to May

proxy.php

With summer coming on, it is time for our first annual Hawaiian shirt contest. The contest is easy- submit one picture of you wearing your favorite Hawaiian shirt. The contest will run until the 14th of May, at which time another thread will be started for voting. Will the best example of a Hawaiian shirt be the winner, or the most ridiculous? That will be up to the whim of the voters. The winner will be granted a custom title, if desired, inspired by their shirt. So Don Ho those shirts, and have some fun.

ftfy

I will look to join. When I was first in Hawaii, I wanted to get one from Tori Richard, perhaps the premier aloha shirt company -- but I purposely didn't want it to be loud.

So I know my muted shirt won't pull votes...but it's still fun to be part of the aloha spirit.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I will look to join. When I was first in Hawaii, I wanted to get one from Tori Richard, perhaps the premier aloha shirt company -- but I purposely didn't want it to be loud.

So I know my muted shirt won't pull votes...but it's still fun to be part of the aloha spirit.
You never know- the muted nature of it may appeal to the senses of many.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks for bumping, Tony. I took the last two days off, and walked into a firestorm today. Been working all night on one problem.

Oh yea! A contest that I would love to join! My wife pokes fun at me because that is pretty much all I wear to work anymore and have worked up a collection of maybe 15 or 20 shirts in my rotation.

Hey! They said it had to be a shirt with a collar. Why not do that with a little unique style!

Now, which shirt to pick.... (pics up once I'm home from work)

I'm game! Born and raised in Hawaii so that makes me the winner, right? :tongue_sm Let's see if there are any others that likes the bright shirts!

$Hawaiian Shirt.jpg

Mike

Top Bottom