What's new

Folding knife about $50?

I'm a bit late but I'm on my second Leek. I have another on the way to keep in the box and in my sock drawer for when the inevitable happens and this current leak goes missing. First one I lost taking hamper bags of linen to the laundry from the restaurant. Clip is wearing on the second but I can bend it back. :)

Time to find & sharpen the Opinel
I found it and sharpened it. Was in my old painting pants.

Also, yesterday two Buck Bantams followed me home alongside an Arkansas stone from knifecenter.com.
I just like my Buck and thought it would be nice to stay with a brand.

All of the suggestions here are excellent. My EDC is an Opinel no 6 w/ olivewood handle and SS blade. They use a decent quality of SS and it keeps an edge well. With the wood handle it looks harmless and doesn't send people diving for cover when I take it out.

$knife.jpg

$image.jpgI've just recently purchased this Leatherman Crater 33C. Cost $70 Au (around $55 U.S but I've heard that you can get them for less that $20 in the US). Great little (2.3 oz) edc. fibreglass infused nylon handle. 2.6" 420 high carbon blade. Love the folding carabiner for clipping to a belt loop (carabiner also doubles as a bottle opener). 25 year warranty.

All of the suggestions here are excellent. My EDC is an Opinel no 6 w/ olivewood handle and SS blade. They use a decent quality of SS and it keeps an edge well. With the wood handle it looks harmless and doesn't send people diving for cover when I take it out.

View attachment 677285
love the olive wood handle. My brother bought me back an Opinel #8 beech handle back from Europe. I've used it a lot in the garden.

I second Schrade and CRKT for edc knock around knives. Plus, it's not heart breaking if something happens to it, you're more likely to use it for the useful tool that it is.

I think I might be falling for a Buck 500 series.
Not as big as the 110 or 112 but a little bigger than the 55.
Nice.. I've got the Buck 112 but find it too heavy for everyday use. I don't like having the pouch sitting on my belt. I've just picked up a Leatherman crater 33 which I can clip to a belt loop using the carabiner or is small/light enough to slip into the pocket.

Go to Blade Ops .com

They have a lot of knives in that price range. My daily is a Boker auto. I think I gave $35 for it.

I'm in need of buying something sharp, so I am asking the collective wisdom of the fine folks here for recommendations on a folding knife under 50.
Other than blade should probably be 3.5" or under, suitable for EDC and can be used around house, garden, camping, I have no requirements :)
Gentleman folder, tactical, utilitarian, whatever, open to suggestions.

Such a WIDE RANGE!!!
In all but the gents category, you'd want something with backbone, tensile strength and a lock that wont fail.
A knife that qualifies for all those categories: Cold Steel Finn Wolf
- Super sharp
- Light weight
- Beut of a blade with polished Scandi grind
- best lock in the business
- Best all around slice geometry, ton of backbone for stabs
- Ambidextrous clip and opening
- Plenty of handle for when you need a strong grip for utility or bushcraft
- Around $35

I found it and sharpened it. Was in my old painting pants.

Also, yesterday two Buck Bantams followed me home alongside an Arkansas stone from knifecenter.com.
I just like my Buck and thought it would be nice to stay with a brand.

Nice work. I stupidly left my carbon Opinel out in the rain all night last week, will need to give a it a shine up and sharpen shortly.

What kind of Arkansas stone did you find? I've got a vintage translucent I picked up cheap but will need to try one of the rougher ones sometime.

Nice work. I stupidly left my carbon Opinel out in the rain all night last week, will need to give a it a shine up and sharpen shortly.

What kind of Arkansas stone did you find? I've got a vintage translucent I picked up cheap but will need to try one of the rougher ones sometime.
I got an 8x3 hard black. I needed the extra width, I decided I don't like narrow stones.

I'm a bit late but I'm on my second Leek. I have another on the way to keep in the box and in my sock drawer for when the inevitable happens and this current leak goes missing. First one I lost taking hamper bags of linen to the laundry from the restaurant. Clip is wearing on the second but I can bend it back. :)

This thread has inspired me to purchase a small folding knife... I am looking at a Kershaw Leek 1660SWBLK from Android. Any Leek users have any issues with the blade (seems pretty light and "pointy")?

This thread has inspired me to purchase a small folding knife... I am looking at a Kershaw Leek 1660SWBLK from Android. Any Leek users have any issues with the blade (seems pretty light and "pointy")?

It's fairly well reviewed on Amazon. It got 4 1/2 stars. I have a couple of Kershaw knives (slightly larger) and I like them. I think you will be happy with your choice. There are quite a few reviews on you tube. Here is one of them.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uquo3tcslvE

Top Bottom