What's new

Folding knife about $50?

I'm in need of buying something sharp, so I am asking the collective wisdom of the fine folks here for recommendations on a folding knife under 50.
Other than blade should probably be 3.5" or under, suitable for EDC and can be used around house, garden, camping, I have no requirements :)
Gentleman folder, tactical, utilitarian, whatever, open to suggestions.

I love my mini griptillian by benchmade. I think I ordered it for $38. I have the serrated version. I carry it at work and use it maybe 20 times each shift. I have had it for 9 years and it has held up fantastically.

I love my mini griptillian by benchmade. I think I ordered it for $38. I have the serrated version. I carry it at work and use it maybe 20 times each shift. I have had it for 9 years and it has held up fantastically.
I think maybe inflation caught up with it because I'm not seeing it for under 89.
Thanks for the input though!

I'm a case XX guy. They have many styles and price ranges to fit anyone. I prefer my slim trapper. It's a single lock blade. Small, light, and stylish(in my opinion).
proxy.php

I really like Kershaw for edc,I like the assisted openers like the leek and chive,either is in your price range and blade lenght. They're both thin knives that sit nice clipped to a pocket.

Agree. I have a Kershaw Ken Onion Vapor and I love it. All metal, so after every trip, I just chuck it in boiling water for a couple of minutes to sterilize.

Kershaw , Buck and Schrade make tons of them under 50 bucks just look online and pick your poison .

I carry a spyderco ambitious daily and use it about 30+ times A day at work..you know..to threaten subordinates, nah just box cutting and general food prep, the steel isn't the hardest in the world but a few licks on the whet stone has it good as anything out there.

Kershaw , Buck and Schrade make tons of them under 50 bucks just look online and pick your poison .
Thanks, never knew about Schrade before. So many makes available.

I have a Buck 55. Suits my 'urban' needs just fine. If you look for sales they can be had for 50 bucks.

http://www.buckknives.com/product/the-55-knife/0055BRS-B/
I see on Amazon for 38! Funnily enough I was just looking at the 110 which is a bit too long for me. The 55 or the 120 might well be a good fit.

I'm a case XX guy. They have many styles and price ranges to fit anyone. I prefer my slim trapper. It's a single lock blade. Small, light, and stylish(in my opinion).
proxy.php

thanks, another nice option.

I really like Kershaw for edc,I like the assisted openers like the leek and chive,either is in your price range and blade lenght. They're both thin knives that sit nice clipped to a pocket.

Agree. I have a Kershaw Ken Onion Vapor and I love it. All metal, so after every trip, I just chuck it in boiling water for a couple of minutes to sterilize.

I carry a spyderco ambitious daily and use it about 30+ times A day at work..you know..to threaten subordinates, nah just box cutting and general food prep, the steel isn't the hardest in the world but a few licks on the whet stone has it good as anything out there.
Thanks for the recommendations!

I think I might be falling for a Buck 500 series.
Not as big as the 110 or 112 but a little bigger than the 55.

There are some nice bucks with a spin lock button release, very cheap knives but well made and come in a range of colours from black to high vis yellow. Again moderate blade steel but easy to hone

Thanks Blary54. I kept looking at the Spyderco but there's something about the shape that doesn't do it for me.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Add CRKT to your list. They have a ton of shapes and sizes. I have a couple, and both were a great value. I carry a Tonto shaped MK-16 everyday, and also have a Crawford Kasper

Top Bottom