What's new

Morta May

As I do yours, Sir.

proxy.php

Got some Stonehaven from 2014 in my reverse calabash morta.

reverse 'bash AND morta.. doublin' up on the tricks, I see! I bet that beauty is a unique smoker. I've got my first RC on the way, and I'm looking forward to it!

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
While it's still morta May, I'm enjoying some Skiff Mixture in my Moretti morta billiard.

I also picked up a morta Rhodesian by Luckypipes. I won't have it in May, but I'll keep celebrating anyway. ;)

Last day to get this in!

Got some Elizabethan Mixture I've had hidden away for two years in the 2015 LE

proxy.php

Awesome! I have 9oz of that stashed away. Course, I haven't tried it at all yet. lol Too many other samples and opened containers to go through first.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm super bummed. I was geeked to get this morta, but I took my vehicle in to get some work done and thought that I was going to be forking out at least a grand. So, I set my max bid modestly at $128. It sold for $130, and I was about 3 seconds too late in increasing my max bid. Come to find out, the work on my truck ended up being for free because it was a defective part that was put in a couple of months ago. If I would have known that I didn't have to spend more money on my vehicle, then I would have made my max bid a lot higher initially. Such is life, but I just thought I'd vent a bit. :crying:

Moretti Pipe Fantastic Smooth Brown Morta Freehand No Reserve | eBay

I'm super bummed. I was geeked to get this morta, but I took my vehicle in to get some work done and thought that I was going to be forking out at least a grand. So, I set my max bid modestly at $128. It sold for $130, and I was about 3 seconds too late in increasing my max bid. Come to find out, the work on my truck ended up being for free because it was a defective part that was put in a couple of months ago. If I would have known that I didn't have to spend more money on my vehicle, then I would have made my max bid a lot higher initially. Such is life, but I just thought I'd vent a bit. :crying:

Moretti Pipe Fantastic Smooth Brown Morta Freehand No Reserve | eBay
Silly Claudel, "fiscal responsibility has no place in the brown leaf" - Price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Zero chance I'm staying faithful to Morta May.

I only have one and a half (Falcon bowl) mortas, and I can possibly smoke English blends all month long. Can't do it, can't do it, can't do it.

I only have one and a half (Falcon bowl) mortas, and I can possibly smoke English blends all month long. Can't do it, can't do it, can't do it.
Ah, the downside to having too many dedicated pipes... lol

Well, I'm with you. I have no intention of smoking only mortas in May. My briars are still feeling the neglect from March.

I am down to two: the 2014 L.E. is my Pembroke pipe, and the custom apple is a general VA smoker. I'll try to work them in a little more often during May, but that's about it.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Can someone sell me on why I need to have a Morta?

They're cool, the material has great grain and looks great smooth or blasted, the material is fossilized bog oak that's thousands of years old so that's awesome, blends taste different in morta than briar (and some blends really "click" in morta), they're relatively impervious to ghosting, and it's B&B so know you want one.

Any questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, the downside to having too many dedicated pipes... lol
I just find that mortas work best with English blends. Seems to kind of enhance the earthy smokiness, I guess?
Well, I'm with you. I have no intention of smoking only mortas in May. My briars are still feeling the neglect from March.

I am down to two: the 2014 L.E. is my Pembroke pipe, and the custom apple is a general VA smoker. I'll try to work them in a little more often during May, but that's about it.
If I get another Morta, it'll probably be the matching Tinsky Christmas pipe. That said... I'm not in a rush since I barely smoke the ones I have now.

Top Bottom