What's new

May 2016 scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been at this wet shaving stuff for almost a half year and I finally decided to go to a flea market/antique store thats not too terribly far from my house and I think I found some great razors at great prices. Must be beginners luck :)
First up was an F1 Flare Tip Super Speed and a 1925 New Improved Tech. I think I gave $18 for both. I also got an older Stanley brush (didn't take pics) that I think I paid $4 for that I would like to refinish with boar.

$IMG_4612.JPG

Well I almost left the flea market since I was running short on time but decided to check one more bay of stalls before leaving and boy was I glad I did. Sitting all grimy and dirty was this (I've since cleaned it up for the pic, wish I'd taken a before shot)!

$IMG_4615.JPG
Thats right an F1 1960 Fatboy!. And I only gave $12 for it :thumbup: It opens and closes flawlessly and it clicks from 1-9 with no issues. I'll be trying this out tonight and I'm excited. I've got no idea what setting to start at though, maybe somewhere around 3-4 to begin.

Just got my tow latest single edge additions this week. One is the NOS Lady Gillette that seems to be popping up everywhere and the other is my first Ever-Ready, a 1924 Shovelhead. I got that one soaking in Dawn right now and maybe might be ready for a shave tonight.

$DSC01043.jpg$DSC01044.jpg

Oh, and Shave Jacket, I'll offer you $25 for that Fatboy. 100% profit in less than a week. think about it.

If I didn't enjoy it so much [MENTION=86824]gvw755[/MENTION] I'd consider it. It was the first time I've ever owned/shaved with an adjustable and I really liked it. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for more next time I'm out looking!

If I didn't enjoy it so much @gvw755 I'd consider it. It was the first time I've ever owned/shaved with an adjustable and I really liked it. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for more next time I'm out looking!

I hope you knew that I was just kidding you. Merkur is the only major player to make adjustable these days and I am not impressed with those and their high prices. I got a Fat Boy, Slim, and short and long handle Super Adjustables and really enjoy shaving with those. I usually dial in 5 for my first pass and then 2 for my second pass. They just don't make them like they used to. Enjoy your Fat Boy!

proxy.php

Got all this in the mail today. Made my own sampler pack on tryablade.com Gonna test all these out in hopes of finding a new blade worthy of a hundred pack purchase. Got this omega s-brush from italian barber for travel; it is also my first synthetic brush. 😁

This is why I go to local antique shops and flea markets.

$16 at flea market #1:
proxy.php

The chessmen are empty. The bottle of Windjammer is full.

$28 at flea market #2:
proxy.php

That Aristocrat is in great condition. Very little plate loss.

So far this month I've bought, New GII blades with no lube strip, stick of Arko soap, Fatip Gentile in chrome, Merkur 37C and a tub of Cella. The GII blades are for a quick shave and more recently to help with a skin infection on my face, hence the Gentile and slant. Getting back towards my OC's. Also tried the Gillette guard. Didn't really like it this month.

Today was my lucky day... received two packages, both purchased through B/S/T: a replated Gillette New Long Comb (seller generously included three tucks of blades) and a Gem Micromatic "Bullet tip" (seller generously included a few SE blades).

$May New Arrivals.jpg

.... Might have a problem, My mailman knows what is in all them packages that I keep getting.... Some smart butt decided to include a description on one of the shipping labels. He asked me if I was a barber while wearing my blues..... (when you read all them dots, just imagine a concerned look on my face)

proxy.php

Vintage, unopened bottle of Pinaud Naturelle Sec. It's in plastic, but will soon be transferred to glass.

-- Sammy

Just got an old type, Colgate stick tin and fat handle tech handle off the bay for $10. Don't think it has any bent teeth or handle cracks [emoji16]

Canadian Prewar Fat handle Tech. MLS Bali Hai x2, MLS Paradise Frost, MLS Grand Havana, MLS Shampoo bars, Maggards MR11 handle, MLS Kraken w/ 2 Kraken AS milks.

Been a good month :D all I'm missing from my list is MLS Pantie Dropper now.

$Group.jpg

Not all from the same yard sale/flea market ... and please don't hate me .... but everything you see in the photo cost 22.50
The best deals were the Fat Boy for 5.00 and the JA Henckles straight for 3.00 ...

A very good day!

Three more purchased on B/S/T... a Standard with stand, two British Techs (one with AL handle), and the seller generously included three tucks of blades. I will need to go on restraint now...
$May 28 Arrivals.jpg

Just scored this Wostenholm "Superb" Pipe Razor on eBay. It could use some cleaning but looks to be in pretty good shape.

$image.jpg
$image.jpg

$IMG_5092.jpg$IMG_5093.jpg
My wife and I went looking for anything today. Immediately, I found a bowl in my favorite color that I can use for lather and a pair of three legged bowls with lids that I use for soaps, and the soap bowls stack neatly within the lather bowl. Total cost = $1.57.

Overdid it in May

Blades
*Polsilver Super Iridium (x5)

Shave Creams
*GFT
**Limes
**Rose

*TOBS Shaving Shop

Shave Soap
*L'Occitane Cade (x3)

*RazoRock
**Mughetto di Bologna
**Napoleon's Violet
**Son of Zeus

This rig came my way at a recent estate sale. Was gonna leave it in unused condition until I got a closer look and found some scratches on the handle from the stand.
$20160522_083321.jpg$20160522_083233.jpg
$20160522_083538.jpg$20160522_083718.jpg
$20160522_083622.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom