What's new

Got my WD Brush from Larry

Sadly, it sat in the Post Office for 5 days before I could pick it up.

But 10 days from "order" to "in the PO Box" is fantastic espceiclaly considering it had to come all the way to my APO in Germany.

24mm synthetic with 2 sample of soap, Bald Frog and MWF.

Now I have to decide which of my many soaps (Stirling, Cella, Bald Fro, MWF, et cetera) to initiate it with...

Thanks, Larry, for your great customer service.

$IMG_0308.JPG$IMG_0295.JPG$IMG_0307.JPG

[MENTION=79907]BSAGuy[/MENTION]...

WOW, did I ever enjoy.

Soft as silk
Perfect size knot, loft and handle

Creamy lather with La Toja stick.

Add a 7 O'Clock Yellow and a Blue Tip SuperSpeed....

Smoothest shave I've ever had. BBS on my cheeks and chin with absolutely no weepers or irritation....:thumbup:

Larry suggested that my boar brushes might be causing the red cheeks problem so he did this one synthetic.

He has my business for a long time coming. :a50:

Whipped Dog's synthetic brushes are the sleeper in today's world of synthetics. They are a perfect mixture of softness, density/flow and a real bargain at the price.

Congratulations on picking up this great brush. It looks great in the Burgundy handle.

[MENTION=109827]SirChangalot[/MENTION],
I like the scent. the flavor is called Arabian Hooka and it smells to me a little like Old Spice (but lately EVERYTHING smells like Old Spice).

The sample is a bit bigger than one of those little tee light candles
proxy.php

I'll try melting it into a Stirling tin and give it a try tomorrow. I've read a few posts that it is hard to lather. I'll let you know.

nice brush, but what do you think about the bald frog soap?

[MENTION=109827]SirChangalot[/MENTION],

Here's your morning lather and shave report.

This Bald Frog Arabian Hooka is a nice soap. For me, it lathered very easily after a bit of blooming. Soaked the new WD Synthetic (old habits die hard) and loaded with a medium wet brush. I had to squeeze out a bit of water so next time a drier brush.
Loaded easily and created a nice slick but not yogurty lather.

WTG and ATG only just for a change. No irritation or weepers even on my over-worked chin.

The only weird thing for me is that the soap is brown with little black flakes... a bit like Stirling's Cocoa Forest..... all my other soaps and creams are light colored But the lather is creamy white...

And I like the spiciness of it.

and as always. YMMV

YKMV Yogurt Kim-chi May Versify

@SirChangalot,
I like the scent. the flavor is called Arabian Hooka and it smells to me a little like Old Spice (but lately EVERYTHING smells like Old Spice).

The sample is a bit bigger than one of those little tee light candles
proxy.php

I'll try melting it into a Stirling tin and give it a try tomorrow. I've read a few posts that it is hard to lather. I'll let you know.

Top Bottom