What's new

Are these blades any good?

I found these blades (the only ones they had) at a local dollar store for $1:

$IMG_1712.jpg

The package states that they are made in Israel. Are these good blades?

Israeli Personna Reds have a pretty good rep around here. I like them somewhat myself.

So these are the Personna Reds?

Is the price (5 for $1) good, or they selling them for the same price you can get them online?

5 for $1 is good. A little over half price depending on the seller.

I'd go back and buy every one they have. lol There's a seller out there who wants 20$ for six of those packs.

Last edited:
5 for $1 is good. A little over half price depending on the seller.

I'd go back and buy every one they have. lol There's a seller out there who wants 20$ for six of those packs.

Ha...they had a crapload of them. I could fill a shopping cart with the packages and there would still be some left hanging from the display.

Good to know though. Next time I'm in the area I'll buy a bunch of them.

Last edited:
I'll look at the name next time I go to the store. Right now I know the place as the dollar store next to the our favorite Indian restaurant. My girlfriend sometimes goes in after dinner and I usually wait in the car listening to music...but this time I went in to see if they had any shaving supplies. The only product in the whole place which might be interesting to a wet shaver were these blades.

If the Personna that Mercadona Supermarket in Spain charges €2,35/10 for are anything to go by, they're very good blades, I can get 4 good shaves per blade, so not enough bangs for my buck to use more than once in a blue moon as a special treat.
On principle I refuse to pay more than €13,00/100 including delivery to Spain for "Heavy duty" (4 shaves each) blades or €9,00/100 including delivery for "Regular" (3 shaves each) blades
Especially considering I can get Rapira Super Stainless, my go to blade of choice, which are good for 3 shaves each, for around €5,00/100 including delivery.

I looked in Family Dollar today and they only had Family Dollar-branded DE blades. Made in Vietnam, $1.00 for 5 but I didn't buy any.

I used the Personna blades I bought at the dollar store this weekend -- I did not like them at all. Not that I'm an expert on razor blades, but these are the worst blades I've used so far (8 or 9 DE shaves so far).

I bought a pack of these from Maggard and I really like them:
$Personna-Comfort-Coated-5-Pack-DE-Safety-Razor-Blades-1-350x350.jpg

The dollar store Personnas are nothing like the ones pictured above. Maybe these are factory seconds Israeli Reds. Don't know for sure...but I didn't enjoy my shave.

I used the Personna blades I bought at the dollar store this weekend -- I did not like them at all. Not that I'm an expert on razor blades, but these are the worst blades I've used so far (8 or 9 DE shaves so far).

I bought a pack of these from Maggard and I really like them:
View attachment 656126

The dollar store Personnas are nothing like the ones pictured above. Maybe these are factory seconds Israeli Reds. Don't know for sure...but I didn't enjoy my shave.
They are truly awful.

Jim,

I searched for the Indian restaurant on google maps and this is the place:

View attachment 656128

I have one of these near me but it is a bit of a hassle due to recent construction on that road.
FYI, my dollar tree just has Aqua Velva (knockoff) and Barbasol when it comes to wet shave gear... Their EAD fragrences are good depending which you get namely their Invcitus, Reveal and Astute. I havent tried much of the Jordache for men cologne though...

Last edited:
Top Bottom