What's new

Mailbox Ideas

Having recently moved from a condo into a house that's on a main thoroughfare, I need some ideas on how to keep my goodies safe. Recently an order from Stirling Soaps was pilfered by some ne'er do well.

Stirling replaced the order(because they are great!), but I felt bad over having to ask them. In 19 years at my last residence, nothing was ever taken. Stereo equipment, shaving supplies, clothes,etc. Been here less 4 months and its been 1 time too many- especially when you are waiting on Lemon Chill A/S.

I will be attaching the mailbox to masonry and it needs to be large enough to hold packages that carry our shaving supplies. Also, it shouldn't be easy for the lock to be picked. Thanks for the help in advance.

marty

The unwritten rule for locking boxes is the opening needs to be big enough for a box of checks to fit. The carriers cannot carry keys for individual boxes. If you look online they have some cool residential mailboxes that when the carrier puts the mail in the top box it drops down into a secure area that can only be accessed by the customer. They are somewhat expensive but I feel with the amount of parcels that are stolen every day it is worth it. We are an online shopping society and the thieves know it.

Before spending the money I would talk to your local postmaster. We all have different ideas and different local situations, so they may not approve it.

The unwritten rule for locking boxes is the opening needs to be big enough for a box of checks to fit. The carriers cannot carry keys for individual boxes. If you look online they have some cool residential mailboxes that when the carrier puts the mail in the top box it drops down into a secure area that can only be accessed by the customer. They are somewhat expensive but I feel with the amount of parcels that are stolen every day it is worth it. We are an online shopping society and the thieves know it.

Before spending the money I would talk to your local postmaster. We all have different ideas and different local situations, so they may not approve it.

Much more feasible. With my current work schedule, I wouldn't have time to pick up from post office.

marty

There is actually a way to use your PO box to get parcels delivered. You use the post office address and your PO box address as the suite #.

Top Bottom