What's new

Which Thayers witch hazel is best for your skin?

I have the Lemon and Cucumber right now and can't really tell a difference. The lemon is labeled as an astringent but I'm curious which one out of all their products is best for you skin. I recently noticed Whole Foods sells their whole line of Witch hazel. I use it as a splash-on after shaving and a daily face/body cleanser to help combat breakouts.

I currently have the Aloe & cucumber which is very refreshing, especially when getting ready for a cigar and a Hendrick's gin extra dry martini. I also have "Rose" infused Thayers WH, which gives off a terrific scent as well.

I use the aloe and rose water, both additives besides the WH are also suppose to be good for the skin, the rose water gives a nice floral scent too. Goes great with my St. Sue soap, which is also rose scented.

I have not found any variety of Thayers that I didn't like.

I'm currently using the Rose scent, but I've also gone through Lavender, Lemon, Cucumber, SuperMedicated and their Aftershave.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
+2 on the Superhazel. It falls only slightly after Speick balm, in terms of first aid for a bad shave.

AA

Just got the medicated yesterday. I'll know in a week or 2 if it helps or not. I'm putting it on after a shave and then morning/ night on non-shave days. We'll see.

Just got the medicated yesterday. I'll know in a week or 2 if it helps or not. I'm putting it on after a shave and then morning/ night on non-shave days. We'll see.

That's exactly what I do , and between that and improved technique, I've pretty much solved my irritation issues.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Added the Thayers Rose witch hazel yesterday to the collection. Love it! Whole new scent dimension, and the aloe vera, vitamin E, grapefruit extract and other stuff do a lot for a shaved face.

The Thayer's Superhazel is a blast- and great on your foot's red-ant bites - but the rose is a nice change of pace. Don't have any rose soaps - yet ...

AA

I see lots of people who use Thayer's brand of witch hazel. Not being able to find it in my local CVS, I just bought what they had in stock which was T. N. Dickinson's. I think it works fine and has helped to reduce irritation on my neck. Besides the different scents that Thayer's offers, is there really any difference?

I see lots of people who use Thayer's brand of witch hazel. Not being able to find it in my local CVS, I just bought what they had in stock which was T. N. Dickinson's. I think it works fine and has helped to reduce irritation on my neck. Besides the different scents that Thayer's offers, is there really any difference?

You can find Thayers at your local Whole Foods

I have not found any variety of Thayers that I didn't like.

I'm currently using the Rose scent, but I've also gone through Lavender, Lemon, Cucumber, SuperMedicated and their Aftershave.

Same as me. They are all good. My last bottle was SuperHazel, now I am using Lavender, and next is Rose Petal.

My wife wife and I both like the Lavender, and Rose petal. Both are excellent. Haven't tried the cucumber, but my local GNC has it, so I may pick one up.

Top Bottom