What's new

WHAT was your farthest wet shave?

Hi Everyone:

Hope all is well with you and your families. Just wanted to ask you all . . . what was your farthest wet shave?
Here is mine:

https://youtu.be/bg8VNl2oYvo

WARHAWK

Had many trips from UK to the Falkland Islands, a nice 16 hour flight with a stop at the Ascension Islands coming in at a distance of 8201 miles or for those living in a metric world 13198 Km.

I will admit that my daily shaves back in those days were with mach3 carts.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I haven't had the chance to go away and shave yet! Will be heading 4 hours away in June to the NY Finger Lakes though.

Cordially,
Adam

The furthest I've been since I started DE shaving was to Son Espases Hospital in Palma when I had my hip replacement as part of my treatment for Avascular Necrosis last year
I used the following shave set up every day :
Unbranded black handled dark badger brush from England
Lea shaving stick from Spain
Faux ebony handled 3-piece razor by Hariyali of London
Rapira Super Stainless from Russia / Centwin Super Platinum from India
Alum Block from India
Aqua Velva Musk from USA

Son Espases is less than 30 minutes away from Palmanova where I live, and it was only for 6 days, but it felt like hundreds of miles away and seemed like weeks !!

I've got it all to look forward to again in a few weeks when they do another hip replacement on the other leg - every day I'm waiting for the phone to ring to let me know the date!!

Home to Sydney Australia, 14,952 KM/9291 MI . Thought it would have been Cape Town SA but it is roughly 600 MI closer that Sydney Australia. Close but no cigars.

Bob

I'm not quite sure I fully understand. If you are talking about how far away from home you've been while wet shaving then I would have to say mine was during my military service.

I was on a submarine, USS City of Corpus Christi, doing something I can't talk about off the coast of some place. I had to shave before watch and based on Google Maps the distance from home was 6709.44 miles or 10717.80 kilometers.

I was stationed on that ship JUST AFTER they did an ICE-EX aka north pole run. I just missed out on the chance to be, what I can only assume, would have been a handful of wet shavers under the ice at the north pole. What a shame!

In terms of distance, Wellington New Zealand, some 11,700 miles from London.

in terms of remoteness, Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia.

i worked out of Camp Speicher, Tikrit, Iraq June 2008 through late May 2009. That was about 7,200 +/- miles from my then home in Garland, Texas. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware DE shaving assets were available. The on-base razors and canned goo did a minimally acceptable job--compared to what I get today. Bottled war shaving was a pain to contend with, but a necessary precaution due to unsafe water supplies.

I was stationed on that ship JUST AFTER they did an ICE-EX aka north pole run. I just missed out on the chance to be, what I can only assume, would have been a handful of wet shavers under the ice at the north pole. What a shame!

Talk about a cold water shave! That would have been something!

Some 8855 miles (14251KM) from home in New Jersey to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) Vietnam in 1970. Although the total flight time was 29 hour back then.

at sea, above svalbard, norway, in the arctic ocean, a few years ago.
naturally, with fitjars, a great shave soap.

proxy.php

From Zagreb to Barcelona
I used gillette fusion (regular manual-not proglide nor power) 3 years ago
1216km (I think around 750 miles)
My old brush (R.I.P) and Ralon creme. I remember that day quite accurate, I was half way to get drunk pretty badly (I was drunk but not that bad)

Enjoyed the replies gents. Those are definitely some "long distance" wet shaves from home. Thanks for sharing. I look forward
to reading more.

WARHAWK

Top Bottom