What's new

SOTD "Special Effects" Theme Week: May 2nd - 8th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted for a while because recent surgery made it such that I can really only do neck clean-up for a while. I'm a bit bummed because I can't shave my head and can barely manage my face. I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm just lurking, enjoying the SOTD's, and shaving vicariously through you gentlemen.

If you're interested in the particulars of my surgery, here's my blog post from Wednesday: http://www.matthilton.net/2016.05.01_arch.html#1462391775750

Matt:
Hope you are on the mend and get better soon and back to posting your wonderful photos!

5/5/16
Gillette Aristocrat (48) / Wilkinson Sword by Gillette (2)
Scalpmaster shave soap
Comet 28mm Superfine Brush
Aubrey Northwoods ASB
Aubrey Northwoods AS

I bought the Scalpmaster shave soap at Sally's Beauty Supply and used it for the first time today. It makes a good lather with plenty of slickness and decent cushion. The scent is just plain soap. The shave was most excellent with the Aristocrat and the Wilkinson Sword efficiently removing whiskers and leaving me BBS. The soap is good but I will be passing it on, just because I have too many soaps with better scents.

proxy.php

SOTD, Thursday, May 5th, 2016

Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather and rinse
Taylor of Old Bond St. cedar shave cream
Don McIvor badger brush
Hart Steel 6/8" shorty straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Acca Kappa cedar aftershave

proxy.php

I haven't posted for a while because recent surgery made it such that I can really only do neck clean-up for a while. I'm a bit bummed because I can't shave my head and can barely manage my face. I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm just lurking, enjoying the SOTD's, and shaving vicariously through you gentlemen.

If you're interested in the particulars of my surgery, here's my blog post from Wednesday: http://www.matthilton.net/2016.05.01_arch.html#1462391775750

sheesh, man! can't a guy get a break (so to speak?!)
here's hoping the recovery goes smooth, uneventful and quickly!
best wishes!

Thursday SOTD :: May 5, 2016

Prep: Hot Shower w/Nivea Men Moisturizing Face Wash
Pre-shave Cream: Proraso Green
Soap: Cella
Brush: Marvy Omega 5 Boar
Razor: Fatip Testia Gentile
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1)
Post Splash: Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
After Shave: Floid Blue
After Shave Balm: Shaver Heaven Vanilla Oak

The boar is a great brush for lathering Cella. This Omega has fine backbone and has softened up quite nicely. My third use of the Fatip proved to be quite different from previous shaves. It's been almost two months since I last shaved with it and I imagine my technique has improved since there was no struggle to get a good shave and the razor felt comfortable in my hand and was quite efficient. I'd never used a Bolzano blade before but it was effective at eliminating the stubble. The alum touch indicated no hint of irritation. When I use after shave it is very little and with the Blue you don't need much at all. The rich vanilla oak balm was the perfect finishing touch to this refreshing, enlightening shave.

$20160505_152747 (3).jpg

I wish you a speedy recovery, Matt! :001_smile

Razorock Plissoft Monster synthetic
Tabac
Weber Bulldog ARC/ Gillette Platinum Plus (vintage)
Mennen Skin Bracer
Dior Homme

Great photos, everyone! Enjoy your Thursday! :001_smile

Guy
Sameer
Farzad
PullYourselfTogetherMan (welcome to the forum and the SOTD. Wow! That is a very long username!):001_smile
Kashish
Alberto
Dave (Lovely brush) :thumbup1:
Heikki
Matt
Soren :thumbup:
Claudio
BobLH
Cash
Erich
Bobcat
imcndn