What's new

Tobacquisitions May 2016

Wait, wait, wait... I don't mean to derail this thread, but how would a leather mat help in rubbing out tobacco? I just thought that it was so he didn't scratch the table.
Well, when you're out and about, and you pull out your pipe pouch and start prepping a flake to fill your bowl...you don't want to just plop it on the table, do you? :laugh:

Sure, it's not exactly a "need" item, but just like everything else pipe-related, it falls into the "nice to have" category. Check 'em out here:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SorringowlandSons?ref=l2-shopheader-name

(Caution: hide your wallet before clicking on the link.)

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Well, when you're out and about, and you pull out your pipe pouch and start prepping a flake to fill your bowl...you don't want to just plop it on the table, do you? :laugh:

Sure, it's not exactly a "need" item, but just like everything else pipe-related, it falls into the "nice to have" category. Check 'em out here:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SorringowlandSons?ref=l2-shopheader-name

(Caution: hide your wallet before clicking on the link.)

Interesting. I guess I could just buy or find a strip of leather. I usually pre-pack a pipe if I know that I'm going to a social spot where I might want to have a puff. I've done on-the-spot packing, but in all of those circumstances, I guess I've had a clean surface to lay the tobacco out on and have a properly packed bowl.

Interesting. I guess I could just buy or find a strip of leather. I usually pre-pack a pipe if I know that I'm going to a social spot where I might want to have a puff. I've done on-the-spot packing, but in all of those circumstances, I guess I've had a clean surface to lay the tobacco out on and have a properly packed bowl.

Sure. A paper napkin is just as effective. But whipping a leather mat out of your pipe pouch does add a touch of panache.

More baccy...
$P1140491.jpg
4 tins Escudo
1 8oz. bag Margate
1 8oz. can Larry's Blend
5 oz. C&D Bright Virginia
3oz. Dan's Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Well, I admit I'm still burning away on the pipe acquisitions. A couple more beauties landed.

First is a sweet estate Savory's Argyll pot. As Dunhill seconds, these are incredible values and great smokers.

proxy.php

Second, seeing Price break out his Brebbia Ninja Sabbiata gave me pipe envy, so here's a new 1001 billiard I took for a song.

proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, I admit I'm still burning away on the pipe acquisitions. A couple more beauties landed.

First is a sweet estate Savory's Argyll pot. As Dunhill seconds, these are incredible values and great smokers.

proxy.php

Second, seeing Price break out his Brebbia Ninja Sabbiata gave me pipe envy, so here's a new 1001 billiard I took for a song.

proxy.php
Was the song Kashmir, because that is the greatest song ever.

proxy.php

proxy.php

You sir, have assuaged a lot of guilt for me. LOL Every time I think I have too many pipes, I think of you and feel much better. Thanks!

BTW, I have wished a pox on you for the link to CigarBid. Yep, I got 40 cigars coming this next week, but then again, the weeks not over. :blushing:

Last edited:

Hirsute

You sir, have assuaged a lot of guilt for me. LOL Every time I think I have too many pipes, I think of you and feel much better. Thanks!

BTW, I have wished a pox on you for the link to CigarBid. Yep, I got 40 cigars coming this next week, but then again, the weeks not over. :blushing:

LOL! Happy to help out Ronnie. On both counts. I also just ordered another 40 cigars I don't need, but I figure what the heck they were a deal, so why not. That darn cigarbid gets me every time.

Yeah, seems like every time I log on, Hirsute's posting pictures of two or three new pipes. This is PAD on a whole new level. :laugh:

(I'm envious, BTW.)

Hirsute

Yeah, seems like every time I log on, Hirsute's posting pictures of two or three new pipes. This is PAD on a whole new level. :laugh:

(I'm envious, BTW.)

Yeah, it's been a ridiculous stream of pipes since the show in Las Vegas. I'm in the process of changes jobs, though, so the fun will come to a halt. I'll be saving up to do some damage in Vegas this fall. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom