What's new

Tobacquisitions May 2016

Peterson Silver Mounted Army 106 P-Lip.

proxy.php

Peterson Irish Made Army 106 Fishtail.

proxy.php

Lucky pipes tamper came in... Has a bottle opener/pipe poker top with the "swirling smoke" design, what a fun piece!!!
$image.jpg

I took advantage of the Dunhill sale at SmokingPipes.

Frog Morton Cellar and Rattray's Hal O' The Wynd.

proxy.php

Elizabethan Mixture, Deluxe Navy Rolls, Early Morning Pipe.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Got a couple of items in from Smoking Pipes. :pipe: I encouraged myself to place this order after a few drinks. Looks like I'll be pumping the brakes on my BL purchases for a little while. I received Escudo Navy Deluxe, Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture, Dunhill My Mixture 965, Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls, Dunhill My Mixture BB1938, G. L. Pease Quiet Nights, Frog Morton's Cellar, Dan Tobacco Salty Dogs, Drew Estate Meat Pie, St. Bruno: Flake, 4oz Peter Stokkebye Proper English, 2oz Peter Stokkebye B&B, .5oz Cornell and Diehl Bourbon Bleu, .5oz Lane Buttered Rum, and a bunch of pipe cleaners, some shank brushes, and a pipe reamer.

$2016-05-03.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Got a couple of items in from Smoking Pipes. :pipe: I encouraged myself to place this order after a few drinks. Looks like I'll be pumping the brakes on my BL purchases for a little while. I received Escudo Navy Deluxe, Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture, Dunhill My Mixture 965, Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls, Dunhill My Mixture BB1938, G. L. Pease Quiet Nights, Frog Morton's Cellar, Dan Tobacco Salty Dogs, Drew Estate Meat Pie, St. Bruno: Flake, 4oz Peter Stokkebye Proper English, 2oz Peter Stokkebye B&B, .5oz Cornell and Diehl Bourbon Bleu, .5oz Lane Buttered Rum, and a bunch of pipe cleaners, some shank brushes, and a pipe reamer.

View attachment 656100

Dude......

Very nice!

View attachment 656100

May Day, tobacco avalanche.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Dude......

Very nice!

Thanks! I'm excited. This is about half of my current want to try/buy list. Most of this stuff will be cellared. I already have quite a bit of opened tobacco that I need to get through. Most of these I bought with the intention of cracking them open a little further on down the road. I've been trying to pay attention to what gets talked about a lot and making note of the stuff that sounds like I'd enjoy.

I hopped on the Cor bandwagon, too, and my curiosity about his "coca wood" stems got the better of me. I had a hard time figuring out what the material was, exactly, but I found a lot more info when I started searching for kokka wood. Turns out it's the wood that Muslim Prayer Beads are made of, and there's a whole bunch of other interesting info about it, too. The research just made the waiting more brutal than usual, but today was the day I finally got to see this stuff. It's really interesting wood, for sure.. it's really hard, but not all that heavy. If you told me the stem was vintage Bakelite, I'd totally believe it.. but this stuff feels even harder. Looks like Bakelite, feels more like Lucite.. really glad I went this route!

$_MG_0124.jpg

I'd like to take a moment to blame Aaron, in general, and Micah for setting an epic bad example, locally.. coupla real bastages.
Yeah, no kidding. I'm trying very hard to inject a modicum - however slight - of sanity into my pipe purchasing, but you guys are making it very difficult.

Top Bottom