What's new

Boneless Whole Chicken Ballotine

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That looks wonderful. Please come back and post pictures!

On a side note: At 9 years of age, my now 22 year old daughter decided that she would become a vegetarian. Now, she is Vegan.
A motivated, strong-willed intelligent child is certainly a challenge and a blessing.

Just watched the Pepin video on deboning a whole chicken, very cool. My wife who makes stuffed chicken wings watched it too and she's raring to go, "i can do that", looks like there's a Ballotine in my future.

Anxious to see and hear how your's turns out, thanks for bringing to our attention!
dave

Will do on the Picts. Just spent 15 - 20 minutes deboning and stuffing the bird. Figured I would do it now rather than trying later and having a rough time with it. Chef Jacques Pepin has a you tube on how to debone a chicken. Pretty easy. Hardest part was trussing the bird correctly to keep stuffing in.

$image.jpg

It it smells awesome. Letting it sit for 20 minutes per recipe.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
That looks fantastic!! And now the suspense is killing me. Come on 20 minutes!!!

Congratulations on a wonderful result.
One trick i use is to wrap the yardbird up in saran wrap and leave enough on the ends to spin it tightly. This will compress and form the bird after a rest in the fridge.

All I can say is wow. One of the best meals I have made. The chicken and stuffing complimented each other. Even my 9 year old broke down and had some. The meal is rich but not overpowering. Very moist. :001_smile Definitely something to serve to guests.

Last edited:
$image.jpgChicken Ballotine with sausage,veal, stuffing for Mother's Day. Last weekend it was a sausage/spinach stuffing. I think I am hooked on doing chicken Ballotine.

I did a duck ballotine once; tricky to debone a duck, but wonderful results. Leftovers were surprisingly great, cold in sandwiches. Did I use a Julia Child recipe? I think so...

My wife liked it enough to ask about going a small turkey. She was hinting to test one out before Thanksgiving.

Congratulations on a wonderful result.
One trick i use is to wrap the yardbird up in saran wrap and leave enough on the ends to spin it tightly. This will compress and form the bird after a rest in the fridge.

Technique also works when assembling Beef Wellington, good to know about this one. Now to check the video...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I did a duck ballotine once; tricky to debone a duck, but wonderful results. Leftovers were surprisingly great, cold in sandwiches. Did I use a Julia Child recipe? I think so...
Can't go wrong with Julia, IMO. She is better than most today that call themselves a chef on TV.

Top Bottom