What's new

2016 "Gold Dollar" MOD Competition is ON!

This is a plain, as received from China, "GOLD DOLLAR" Razor.

[/URL]

There's not much to it. It's a poorly manufactured, low quality and very inexpensive straight razor that won't cut the crust off of stale bread. However, in the hands of some of our talented razormeiesters, they can be transformed into a beautifully crafted, stunning shaving machines that cause whiskers to fall off the face by simply gazing at it's magnificence.

The objective of this competition:

Contestants have until July 1, 2016 to procure a brand new, carbon steel Gold Dollar (ZYs are acceptable) straight razor(or several), and transform it from a dysfunctional, mass produced pile of dung into a sharp, gleaming work of barber art!

Anything goes! So long as it is considered shaveworthy! The entries will be judged by the Mod Team, after July 1! Their top 3 picks will be entered in a Forum-wide poll, where your fellow members will vote for their favorite.

To enter the competition, contestants must meet the B&B 45/50 rule by the last day of competition. Contestants must also abide by the B&B TOU!

It's time to get on it. Order from China, ebay or etsy or dig out the one you bought for a previous competition and never got started. The winner will receive the (family friendly) custom title of their choice.

Post your progress in this thread to encourage your fellow competitors to step up their game. IT'S ON!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
ME ME MEMEMEME MEEEEEEEEE! I'm in!
$freshflat.jpg

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
$GD10Deshoulder.jpg

I knocked the heel off of this batch. I will probably rough profile them all and then select one of them to concentrate on.

:popc::popc::popc::popc:

I So!!!! Love This time of year! You all are such amazing Craftsmen and I eagerly anticipate the Marvelous Wonders that you all are sure to come up with this year:thumbup1: Good luck to each and every entrant this year:thumbup:

I'm hoping to participate again this year as well. Last year was fun & provided the impetus to start my journey into straights.

I'm in. Dropped $130 on a shop setup. I've got 8 GD's to choose from. Just need to figure out what I'm going to do about scales.

I'm in. I've had a few practice runs and JUST got a fresh supply of 3 GD's and one ZY to play with. Now I just need some serious inspiration for a winning design (or at least a top 3...got some serious players here)

Top Bottom