What's new

New lady member from Australia: Straight razors forever!

Hi all, I hope it is alright for me to become a member here. I felt a bit guilty lurking so decided to say hi.

I do all my partners shaves, I can't remember the last time he shaved his own face.

Currently I use a Dovo Classic :) but I have two other really old SRs I want to have a go at restoring (I am not
sure if they will be viable or not, but it will be a fun project anyway). They are both Le Grelots; a 6/8 and a 5/8.

That's about all!
I promise to lurk quietly and not be a nuisance :)

Cheers!

Hello and welcome, BellaElizabeth. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to the forum. Do you have any favorite soaps? I'm always looking for something for the Mrs.

Welcome to the club, Bella. We are more than happy to have you aboard--and we do NOT consider you a nuisance. You are a member as fully as the rest of us.

Thank you so much xxvaleria, and everyone :) I have just gone over to the Hall of Fame and added my piece, thanks also for the heads up on that. What a wonderful site this is, everyone's so gentlemanly. I don't know anything about other blades, but straight razors really are my 'thing'. I am so happy to be here, thank you again.

Thank you! At present I am using Cella - a bit middle of the road, but the scent reminds me of marzipan and my grandparents. I have my eye on the lavender shaving soap by D.R. Harris at the moment. I saw it in my local shaving supply store last week, and was impressed by the quality of the scent - apparently it's very subtle. I don't know what it's like to use yet though but I will report back.
Or maybe ... after that, Trumper's Violet shave soap.
I like those rather than the strongly mentholated/medicinal fragrances, even if they don't last past the shave.

Hi, welcome to B&B
You shave your other half? Lucky fella - I bet he feels just like James Bond did when Moneypenny shaved him with a straight razor in Skyfall :thumbup:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Welcome to the forums BellaElizabeth! Always nice to see ladies on the forum!

Hi all, I hope it is alright for me to become a member here. I felt a bit guilty lurking so decided to say hi.

I do all my partners shaves, I can't remember the last time he shaved his own face.

Currently I use a Dovo Classic :) but I have two other really old SRs I want to have a go at restoring (I am not
sure if they will be viable or not, but it will be a fun project anyway). They are both Le Grelots; a 6/8 and a 5/8.

That's about all!
I promise to lurk quietly and not be a nuisance :)

Cheers!

@BellaElizabet Welcome to Badger & Blade! We have other ladies who are active and contribute regularly on this board. We have an excellent straight razor forum. You should head on over and check it out. You can find it here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/32-General-Straight-Razor-Talk

Again...welcome to B&B!

Hi, welcome to B&B
You shave your other half? Lucky fella - I bet he feels just like James Bond did when Moneypenny shaved him with a straight razor in Skyfall :thumbup:

Haha! Sometimes maybe, but I do his shaves in the kitchen so it's not quite the 'romantic' atmosphere of a Bond movie! :)

Top Bottom