What's new

May 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a bottle of Pelikan Turquoise. My last bottle is to the point of a Vanishing Point can't get a good fill so about 1/3 left... Rather than transfer it to a skinnier bottle/well I got a new bottle. I'll combine them when I think it will all fit. This is my ink ink purchase of the same color that didn't involve dropping a bottle!

Got the Goulet Pocket Notebook sampler too! Will hopefully do some reviews on those as I use them.

$IMG_6012.jpg$IMG_6018.jpg$IMGP6752.jpg$IMGP6757.jpg
I bought 7 Chinese fountain pens one for each day of the week and some M&G fountain pen inks as well like blue/black, red, blacks. I`ve never heard of M&G pen and ink brand before until I`ve just purchased these pens and inks. From what I`ve searched about M&G is that they`re a big Stationary company joint ventured with Singapore and they`ve been around since 1997 in Shanghai, China. From briefly writing with one of my M&G fountain pen using M&G Charcoal black fountain pen ink the writing experience is very pleasant and using this ink reminds me of iroshizuku take-sumi ink in which both inks write buttery smooth and wet with some nice shading. Takesumi has better sheening but so far I like this M&G ink as well. I also bought some hero premium line black ink. It`s always fun discovering new things and M&G brand is new to me.

Last edited:
Be careful with the Hero black. I've read that you have to use really good pen hygiene when using it.

Pen hygiene as like it stains?
No, just that if you leave it in a pen too long it may gunk up the feed, or ruin it. Also that when you do flush you pen, that it may take more diligence when flushing it than in other pens.

Aaah, thanks for the warning. I usually use Chinese inks with Chinese pens and seldom use these inks in my higher end pens. I appreciate your tip!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Well, I said I wasn't going to do it but I couldn't refuse the offer I was made ... oh well, it's a beautiful addition to the collection.

The limited production M101N tortoiseshell red, medium nib.

View attachment 656650View attachment 656651View attachment 656652View attachment 656653
I bought 7 Chinese fountain pens one for each day of the week and some M&G fountain pen inks as well like blue/black, red, blacks. I`ve never heard of M&G pen and ink brand before until I`ve just purchased these pens and inks. From what I`ve searched about M&G is that they`re a big Stationary company joint ventured with Singapore and they`ve been around since 1997 in Shanghai, China. From briefly writing with one of my M&G fountain pen using M&G Charcoal black fountain pen ink the writing experience is very pleasant and using this ink reminds me of iroshizuku take-sumi ink in which both inks write buttery smooth and wet with some nice shading. Takesumi has better sheening but so far I like this M&G ink as well. I also bought some hero premium line black ink. It`s always fun discovering new things and M&G brand is new to me.

:w00t::thumbup:

Nice haul!!!

If you don't mind keeping us informed on how those inks perform... I would be interesting....

:w00t::thumbup:

Nice haul!!!

If you don't mind keeping us informed on how those inks perform... I would be interesting....

Thanks! I usually don`t use Chinese pens because the ones I see at the stationary pen stores are fine or extra fine nib just like the Japanese nibs as well and I tend to like M to broad nibs. Let me tell you these nibs are a real gems and M nib really means M nib and they are real nice wet nibs and ink flow is perfect. These pens reminds me of my Cross Signature pen and write about the same as well. I knew I had a winner so I bought lucky 7 of them. They had a lot of other different styles of pens as well but that`s for another day of shopping:thumbup1:

Well, I said I wasn't going to do it but I couldn't refuse the offer I was made ... oh well, it's a beautiful addition to the collection.

The limited production M101N tortoiseshell red, medium nib.

How does the nib perform Doug?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
How does the nib perform Doug?

Leaving it un-inked so far. Nib feels like a 90's gold nib as far as springiness.

When it gets used it will be with a vintage B nib with the ebonite feed.

Like this:

Leaving it un-inked so far. Nib feels like a 90's gold nib as far as springiness.

When it gets used it will be with a vintage B nib with the ebonite feed.
Nice! I have a vintage EF with ebonite feed that writes more like a modern F or M and is a gusher...I can't imagine having a vintage B...must be like a paintbrush:thumbup1:

Got my new pen yesterday:

$DSCF9805_small.jpg

The BB nib the M205 Duo comes with is a bit to broad for me, so I swapped it for a M from my old pre97 M200.
The yellow colour is not as flashy as the included highlighter ink - I really like it :=)

br,
ToM

p.s. please excuse my handwriting

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Got my new pen yesterday:

View attachment 658159

The BB nib the M205 Duo comes with is a bit to broad for me, so I swapped it for a M from my old pre97 M200.
The yellow colour is not as flashy as the included highlighter ink - I really like it :=)

br,
ToM

p.s. please excuse my handwriting

Congrats, Tom! She looks good. I can read your handwriting, so as far as I'm concerned it looks good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom