What's new

First Wet Shave

Hi all. I am 31 years old and have used an electric razor my entire life, never wet shaving once. I have always gotten ingrown hairs and irritation on my neck from using the electric razor, no matter which type I used. I started looking into other methods and came across the safety razor. Naturally, I was brought to this site and began lurking to see recommendations for starting out. After much research, I finally ordered and received an Edwin Jagger DE89lbl, badger brush, and WSP Gaelic Tweed shave soap (Green Irish Tweed is my signature fragrance). After watching Youtube videos on shaving with a safety razor, I decided to dive right in. This morning was the first wet shave of my life. Although it was not perfect and I certainly need to work on finding the right angle and technique, I loved it and still got the closest shave I have ever had on my neck. Just wanted to share my story and thank everyone for all of the great advice in this forum and starting my down this road.

I used the Derby that came with the razor. However, I am going to purchase some Personna and Astra blades to give me something a tad sharper and see how I like those.

Hi all. I am 31 years old and have used an electric razor my entire life, never wet shaving once. I have always gotten ingrown hairs and irritation on my neck from using the electric razor, no matter which type I used. I started looking into other methods and came across the safety razor. Naturally, I was brought to this site and began lurking to see recommendations for starting out. After much research, I finally ordered and received an Edwin Jagger DE89lbl, badger brush, and WSP Gaelic Tweed shave soap (Green Irish Tweed is my signature fragrance). After watching Youtube videos on shaving with a safety razor, I decided to dive right in. This morning was the first wet shave of my life. Although it was not perfect and I certainly need to work on finding the right angle and technique, I loved it and still got the closest shave I have ever had on my neck. Just wanted to share my story and thank everyone for all of the great advice in this forum and starting my down this road.

I had my first DE shave a couple of weeks ago. Same razor and blade...and same results. I've had a couple of rough shaves since then because I thought I knew what I was doing so I didn't concentrate on technique. I now realize that I will be a noob for many, many weeks and many, many shaves to come.

Good luck and welcome.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome [MENTION=110006]jfdonovan[/MENTION], glad you found us here at Badger & Blade. You have selected a nice little shaving setup for yourself. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Top Bottom