What's new

Clubman lime sec

Recently bought some of this to try because I like limes (citrus smells of any kind mostly). At first I thought it smelled kind of funky. As the day wore on the smell grew on me. Now I can't help but open the bottle every time I am in my bathroom haha. Great stuff!

Welcome to B&B, Sir RadVigg!
Indeed, you landed upon a classic aftershave in the Lime Sec!
Totally one of the best limes, IMO, with addition of some lingering musk scent!
Enjoy!

$shavemac williams merkur futur pinaud lime sec february 26 2016.jpg

Recently bought some of this to try because I like limes (citrus smells of any kind mostly). At first I thought it smelled kind of funky. As the day wore on the smell grew on me. Now I can't help but open the bottle every time I am in my bathroom haha. Great stuff!

Lime Sec is awesome, I recommend giving Citrus Musk a try as well. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I like it but there are times I pick up an industrial/chemical scent. Definitely a part of my warmer weather rotation. But I do prefer the Citrus Musk.

I call it "Lime SICK." While I love all of the Pinaud scented aftershaves and colones, the Lime "Sick" alone doesn't cut it for me. But, if I cut it with some Osage, then I really like it. I go about 3-1 Osage to Lime sec.

I call it "Lime SICK." While I love all of the Pinaud scented aftershaves and colones, the Lime "Sick" alone doesn't cut it for me. But, if I cut it with some Osage, then I really like it. I go about 3-1 Osage to Lime sec.

wow, what an amazing discovery! you should patent this!

I love the Clubman Pinaud, but my wife hates it. I was thinking the lime sec might be more excepted, so I plan on getting a sample to see how it goes.

I'm never easy to give up so quickly with something. Come sunrise, I'm going to experiment by usimg a bit of lime sec drops into a steaming hot towel, as part of the pre shave routine.

It's a nice change of pace, but not the best lime out there. It's a "candy lime" scent at the beginning, very different from Captain's Choice Lime or Royall Lyme. As it dries down the candy scent gives way to a clean, fresh almost soap-like scent. It may be perceived as musk by some, but to me it reminds me of clean linens fresh from the laundry. That's not a criticism at all, it's a very nice scent for weekends in the warm weather. Lime Sec is a versatile splash that leaves my face feeling smooth and refreshed, and the wife approves of the scent once it has dried down. Longevity is decent, it lingers for hours and I can smell it when I shower the next day and wash my face.

I'm a big fan of lime scented aftershaves, and for the purist who wants a natural smelling lime I think Captain's Choice or Royall is closer to the mark than Lime Sec. But both of those have rather disappointing longevity, whereas the Lime Sec stands up better.

Top Bottom