What's new

Franken-Scent Friday

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Franken-Scent Friday for the Month of May.

OK let me explain. Combine a shaving cream with something else to create your Franken-Scent shaving cream.
The second ingredient is up to you but the aim is to change the scent. That could be another cream, aftershave or even a soap.
Yes that is right I'll let the soap boys play here.
After all we all know that some of their soaps need a little help from a cream every now and then. :w00t:

Just a few simple rules.
1. Use at least one cream.
2. The creation must me made to alter the scent.
3. you must shave with the creation
4. Tell us about it. What you used, would you make it again etc etc.

$Frankenscent Friday.png

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I've done this before. Arko was the base and TOBS sandalwood was the kicker. It turned out great.

This is going to be really good.

....Chris is really Igor.

Franken-Scent Friday for the Month of May.

OK let me explain. Combine a shaving cream with something else to create your Franken-Scent shaving cream.
The second ingredient is up to you but the aim is to change the scent. That could be another cream, aftershave or even a soap.
Yes that is right I'll let the soap boys play here.
After all we all know that some of their soaps need a little help from a cream every now and then. :w00t:

Just a few simple rules.
1. Use at least one cream.
2. The creation must me made to alter the scent.
3. you must shave with the creation
4. Tell us about it. What you used, would you make it again etc etc.

View attachment 655300

Bravo - really enjoy this type of activity. Having fun with the hobby.

Ok, so I may have gone slightly overboard with this one. I got some Speick cream in the mail the other day but hadn't used it yet, and picked up my first bottle of Pinaud Clubman from Walgreen's today. I also have a tube of Cremo that has seen almost no use.
I didn't know if the alcohol in the Clubman would affect the lather, so I put a few drops in my lather bowl before I took my shower to let it dissipate. Added a daub of the Speick and Cremo.....then gave the brush a few swirls in a freshly grated tub of Haslinger Schafmilch(I'm primarily a soap guy and had to have a little in the mix).
I had a great shave. The scent was more clubman than anything else, but I smelled the citrus of the Cremo and the unique Speick scent in there as well.
The lather was insanely slick and the post shave feel was great. I would not only use it again, but might even premix some of this to make it easier for the next round.
You didn't exactly specify that we had to stop at 2 ingredients, and Frankenstein's monster was made up of numerous parts, so I hope I didn't violate the spirit of the thread with my Clubcreicklinger....Creicklublinger? Haspeicreman?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Bravo - really enjoy this type of activity. Having fun with the hobby.

Thank you.

Just did my first cryogen shave today and was looking to combo it with castle Forbes lime.

Cool. :thumbup1:

Ok, so I may have gone slightly overboard with this one. I got some Speick cream in the mail the other day but hadn't used it yet, and picked up my first bottle of Pinaud Clubman from Walgreen's today. I also have a tube of Cremo that has seen almost no use.
I didn't know if the alcohol in the Clubman would affect the lather, so I put a few drops in my lather bowl before I took my shower to let it dissipate. Added a daub of the Speick and Cremo.....then gave the brush a few swirls in a freshly grated tub of Haslinger Schafmilch(I'm primarily a soap guy and had to have a little in the mix).
I had a great shave. The scent was more clubman than anything else, but I smelled the citrus of the Cremo and the unique Speick scent in there as well.
The lather was insanely slick and the post shave feel was great. I would not only use it again, but might even premix some of this to make it easier for the next round.
You didn't exactly specify that we had to stop at 2 ingredients, and Frankenstein's monster was made up of numerous parts, so I hope I didn't violate the spirit of the thread with my Clubcreicklinger....Creicklublinger? Haspeicreman?

You have created a monster!!!!. :thumbup:
This is exactly the spirt of the thread. I don't want to stop creative genius with too many rules, so make it your own way. Start with a shaving cream, then find your own way from there to create a Franken-Scent lather.

In the spirit of this thread, can we post on days other than Fridays or was Friday merely the green flag for the start? thx

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Hey Igor, I've got a croap that could fit into the "cream" rule. What do you say about croaps?

Hmmm. A croap by name is a Cream/Soap. I say it is just a firm cream and is firmly in the cream zone, so knock your self out.

A croap is a cream, there I said it!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hmmm. A croap by name is a Cream/Soap. I say it is just a firm cream and is firmly in the cream zone, so knock your self out.

A croap is a cream, there I said it!

I picked up some Cremo at the pharmacy today. It's got an orange citrus scent. I'm thinking mixing it with Synergy Cavendish (tobacco scent) soap. I don't smoke anymore so this is ganna have to do.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I picked up some Cremo at the pharmacy today. It's got an orange citrus scent. I'm thinking mixing it with Synergy Cavendish (tobacco scent) soap. I don't smoke anymore so this is ganna have to do.

Smoking.....
I need to add a new Tabacco scent to my rotation. A nice green Tabacco scent not a dirty ashtray one.:lol1:

I have a rose cream in the post. I had been concerned that it may be too strong for my taste.
Hey if it is too strong, it will be a make a great base for a Franken-Scent cream............

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Jumped the gun, I guess; used TOBS Almond and Catie's Bubbles Spanish Holiday today ... amazing of course!

I use soaps 90% of the time, and forget how easy creams are. Had a weak lather and an aggressive (OLD) razor yesterday, wanted to ensure protection today ... TOBS Almond certainly did that.

AA

Top Bottom