What's new

Slant Razor

I fine the Merkur 37c to me one of the smoothest razors I have ever tried and I tried many. I never had a problem with blade alignment.
Just a great razor.

+1 for the SC 102, very smooth and efficient with rock solid blade clamping. For my beared it has proven to be a hands down winner. Wire beared, tired old man skin. Loves astrs SP, PS, GBS, feather, PMP, IP, LB
Almost any thing that clamps on will make you smile. ASP makes my smile turn to grin with this winner.

37c has been my daily driver for the past few months. I'll go away from it to try new things, but when I come back to it I appreciate it more and more.

Merkur 37c is a great performer in my book, the only one I use. Having said that, for the last couple of weeks I've been using the new Fine slant and I'm really liking it a lot. I guess you can't go wrong either way the way I see it.

My first flash of RAD led me to a Merkur 37c. Never liked it, thought it was the slant element. But apparently not; more recently I have found a RazoRock Stealth Slant and an ATT S2 very, very effective and comfortable.

To those with the Fine slant: how is the paint/coating on your razors? I purchased one that arrived with what appeared to be several cracks in the coating and there were a few small areas where no coating was present (the bare plastic is a white-ish color, possibly even translucent). Mr. Fine was great and let me return the razor without any hassle.

I've had a Merkur Bakelite for years, which I love, and I'd really like to try another Fine slant if others aren't experiencing similar problems with the coating. I'm not expecting a Wolfman-like finish, but I do expect the coating to be somewhat uniform on a $30 plastic razor. The feedback I've seen on this razor has been great and I'm really tempted to give it another chance.

Give it another try. the finish on mine was uniform and appears thick enough, time will tell. Performance wise it's fine, no pun intended.

I have the new Feather "slant" angle razor. It works great.

....I just "crab" (pilot speak) the blade stroke down the side of my face. :thumbup:

I am currently using the fine slant. I love it. it's now my favorite razor. The razors that I have are the muhle r89, r41, ikon shavecraft tech, pearl open comb,the new razorock jaws (has parker 26c head). I think the slant provides the most smooth and efficient shave.For 30 dollars, you cannot go wrong. Use very little pressure and you will get a very very nice shave.

Yeah, +1 on the Fine slant. It's nigh impossible to beat the price to quality ratio on it. I think it shaves excellently and is very light, which is good. High quality plastic and design.

For those that have used the FINE slant and the ikon 102 slant, which one provided you with a better and closer shave between the two? if you had to pick between the FINE slant and the ikon 102, which one would you pick?

To those with the Fine slant: how is the paint/coating on your razors? I purchased one that arrived with what appeared to be several cracks in the coating and there were a few small areas where no coating was present (the bare plastic is a white-ish color, possibly even translucent). Mr. Fine was great and let me return the razor without any hassle.

I've had a Merkur Bakelite for years, which I love, and I'd really like to try another Fine slant if others aren't experiencing similar problems with the coating. I'm not expecting a Wolfman-like finish, but I do expect the coating to be somewhat uniform on a $30 plastic razor. The feedback I've seen on this razor has been great and I'm really tempted to give it another chance.

Tell the vendor you got it from. It is defective.

Obviously a small sample size, but the two that I have (yes I needed a backup, it's that good) have perfect finish, to my eyes anyway. Durability is still an unknown of course, but through almost three weeks of daily use, it still appears new.

Top Bottom