What's new

Fragrance Friday: Bond No 9 The Scent of Peace for Him

Thanks, Joel. This is one that's been on my radar for some time now and was seriously considering a blind buy. While your article makes me want to try it even more now, it also has moved me to pick up a small decant to do so. Thanks

The folks behind Bond No. 9 clearly don’t understand their prospective buyer and the larger fragrance community, and it shows in every small detail. Sports cars should have manual transmissions – not flappy paddles, razors should be stropped – not have their batteries changed, shaving cream should come in a jar – not an aerosol can. Fragrances should be made by artisans – not by poseurs.

Oh snap!

I was at Nordstroms this weekend picking up two bottles of future Frag Friday fodder, and got to chatting with a gentleman from the Tom Ford booth. He confirmed the rumor that Nordstrom was dropping Bond no 9. He claimed not only did it not sell well, but that the folks from Bond were terrible to work with. They'd put on sales competitions and according to this employee - never compensate the employees (he claims they still owed him nearly half a dozen "free" bottles he'd earned for selling a certain amount or Bond that he was supposed to be given nearly a year ago). He also remarked that the Creed, Tom Ford, Diptyque, etc reps that would come in were outstanding to work with... the bond reps - lets just say he was not a fan.

Interesting ng info for sure. I might buy inexpensive bottles of Coney and Bleaker online, but I generally don't like the line and the employees comments certainly didn't help. At first whiff, Coney and Bleaker are nice though.

I was at Nordstroms this weekend picking up two bottles of future Frag Friday fodder, and got to chatting with a gentleman from the Tom Ford booth. He confirmed the rumor that Nordstrom was dropping Bond no 9. He claimed not only did it not sell well, but that the folks from Bond were terrible to work with. They'd put on sales competitions and according to this employee - never compensate the employees (he claims they still owed him nearly half a dozen "free" bottles he'd earned for selling a certain amount or Bond that he was supposed to be given nearly a year ago). He also remarked that the Creed, Tom Ford, Diptyque, etc reps that would come in were outstanding to work with... the bond reps - lets just say he was not a fan.

Not the fist time I've heard negative remarks about the company.

I have sampled a couple of their frags, but they weren't enough to get me past the bottle design and cost. Same with Mugler. (This is why I would be a terrible frag reviewer.)

Top Bottom