What's new

Who shaves EVERY single day?

No cartridges, D.E/S.E or straights only .
i am hamburger meat right now after my3rd consecutive shave. Feather artist club to start and cartilage to finish back of head .

I shave every day. I do skip a day once in a while, a Sunday usually. I currently use an EJ DE89 and a variety of blades (Feather, Astra SP, Personna Super+, Personna Platinum Chrome, Gillette 7O'Clock).

Some shaves with Feather are so close that I don't really need to shave next day. I use a Feather AC SS occasionally but I do not get hamburger meat on my cheeks.

I shave every day with a DE. Sounds like you just started so let me share what I wish I had done when I started about 6 months ago

1) Give your face a chance to heal by skipping a day
2) Make sure to use NO PRESSURE when dragging the razor over your face. I can't emphasize this enough, I thought I was using no pressure in the beginning but I was mistaken. Once the blade angle is correct (which takes time to understand) you need almost no pressure at all to cut the wiskers.
3) Only go with the grain for about two weeks. This has several purposes: it helps you memorize your beard grain pattern (mine was way more complex then I originally thought and it wasn't until I took a step back and did this that my shaves have improved); it reduces irritation and it helps you get your technique correct (angle and pressure) before going for more aggressive cross grain or against the grain patterns.
4) Make sure your lather is well formed and spend several minutes prepping your face with it before starting to shave
5) Don't go over any area without shaving cream (like two quick passes) unless your cream provides enough protection

I also was a mess when I first started, lots of irritation and bleeding. There came a point where things just "clicked" (about a month in) which is likely a combination of improved technique, muscle memory of shaving hand and my skin getting accustomed to the DE shaving.

Stick with it, try my suggestions and ask questions on this forum. We have all been there and there are alot of minute details that you will pick up on as time goes on (like applying cream against the grain to help the whiskers stand up).

Best of luck!

I DE shave on.......
Monday and Tuesday mornings
Wednesday afternoons ready to go out on Wednesday nights
Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings

I give my face a break on Sunday mornings, I find that I enjoy my Monday morning shave all the more !!

Nice relaxing two-pass shave to somewhere between DFS and BBS with a straight, every evening. Once a week, I do my noggin with a DE too.

I do a quick 5 min 4 pass shave with a DE & Shaving Foam everyday for the last 35 years.My skin is smooth like a baby's even though I am 50 years old :lol:

Mild DE plus comfortable blades such as Personna blue and Polsilver.
I mostly use EJ De89 Barley and Progress on lower settings.
Finally finish shaving with a good balm. Joyful!

Hi,

I have been shaving most every day for 40 years with various DEs, SEs and one SR.

I say mostly because I do skip a day once in a while. Let's say one day a month. That ought to be about right.

I have never turned my face into burger. Only had a couple of cuts. Usually about one weeper a week, maybe.

Stan

I shave almost every day. Every once and a while I get lazy and skip a day. When I first started with DE's I couldn't manage it, but with practice and the right combination of equipment, it's great!

No cartridges, D.E/S.E or straights only .
i am hamburger meat right now after my3rd consecutive shave. Feather artist club to start and cartilage to finish back of head .
Yup. FWIW I do.

I use a DE and as I see clients every day I do have to shave. And as I like to get close to my wife, I keep shaving on the weekends [emoji6]

Top Bottom