What's new

The Boy Done Shaved!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It was time for my older son to remove the caterpillar from his lip. I'd been threatening to show him how since his grandfather gave him an AoS kit for Christmas. So, now, we're about to go to that grandfather's birthday party, and that makes it time.

I didn't worry about the AoS kit, as I wanted to be able to talk through with stuff I was most familiar with. Muehle STF brush, Trumper's Limes cream, my bowl, Personna Red blade. I asked him to choose between a pre-war Tech and a Rocket HD. He preferred the balance of the Rocket.

He admitted being intimidated, but he proceeded without trepidation. After a few tries, he got the stroke right, starting on the sideburns. He managed that mustache just right. He chose a splash of WH, followed by DRH Arlington, for AS.

I might need to stop calling him "The Boy."

Congratulations to your son, and from one father to another, to you as well!

im just waiting impatiently for that first real shave by my son.

Hi,

Well, then, I say you Done Good!

I still remember the day my dad handed me my Tech.

I have yet to Pay this particular one Forward. I have two girls, so momma taught them. My oldest grandson isn't old enough yet. I expect his dad will teach him with a cart, so I will probably one day have an opportunity to teach him DE at least.

Stan

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Assure him, with a straight face, that shaving will make it grow in faster and better- for when he wants a mouse-stash.

AA

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Thanks, guys.

The great part about all this is that I actually offered him an out (i.e., the M3) because it had gotten late (my fault--trying to get out of town the next day). He said "we have time."

That's my "boy."

Top Bottom