What's new

Thank goodness for DE razors

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am very new to DE shaving and I wish I had learned about this sooner. I have been butchering my face with cartridges for 20 years...and now, just a handful of shaves in, I realize what I have been missing.

My startup equipment is an Edwin Jagger Kelvin from Amazon (basically a DE89 from what I understand), a sample pack of Col. Conk's soap which I'm not really all that pleased with (most likely this is just from bad lathering technique but I'm doing my best LOL), and a sample pack of blades from Feather, Astra, Personna, Kai, and Gillette. I have tried them all to this point, and I am amazed at just how different everyone's experience is with blades...I really wanted to like the Personna's due to being made in the USA but they felt like I was dragging a cat's claw across my face.

Anyway...looking forward to learning all I can about this new (to me) method of shaving!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

I believe that we all share your sentiments on DE razors!

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am very new to DE shaving and I wish I had learned about this sooner. I have been butchering my face with cartridges for 20 years...and now, just a handful of shaves in, I realize what I have been missing.

My startup equipment is an Edwin Jagger Kelvin from Amazon (basically a DE89 from what I understand), a sample pack of Col. Conk's soap which I'm not really all that pleased with (most likely this is just from bad lathering technique but I'm doing my best LOL), and a sample pack of blades from Feather, Astra, Personna, Kai, and Gillette. I have tried them all to this point, and I am amazed at just how different everyone's experience is with blades...I really wanted to like the Personna's due to being made in the USA but they felt like I was dragging a cat's claw across my face.

Anyway...looking forward to learning all I can about this new (to me) method of shaving!
[MENTION=109979]AutoCANE[/MENTION] We are all glad to have you here. Welcome to Badger & Blade! I think you have a good setup to start out with, however, I am not saying that Col. Conk is a bad soap, just it might be a little difficult for someone just starting out. If you can get a good lather and shave out of it...drive on. If you are having issues...I would consider changing it out for another soap or cream. At any rate, there are many on here that are very knowledgeable. Ask questions and you will most likely get answers. Again...welcome!

Thanks to all for the kind welcome! I am going to shave in the morning and I am actually very much looking forward to it...sheesh I can't remember the last time I actually said that about shaving! I'm going back to the Feather blades as they seem to be the best match for my face. I was a little hesitant at first due to their "super sharp" reputation but they gave me by far the closest and most comfortable shave I have ever had.

@AutoCANE We are all glad to have you here. Welcome to Badger & Blade! I think you have a good setup to start out with, however, I am not saying that Col. Conk is a bad soap, just it might be a little difficult for someone just starting out. If you can get a good lather and shave out of it...drive on. If you are having issues...I would consider changing it out for another soap or cream. At any rate, there are many on here that are very knowledgeable. Ask questions and you will most likely get answers. Again...welcome!
+1

Thanks to all for the kind welcome! I am going to shave in the morning and I am actually very much looking forward to it...sheesh I can't remember the last time I actually said that about shaving! I'm going back to the Feather blades as they seem to be the best match for my face. I was a little hesitant at first due to their "super sharp" reputation but they gave me by far the closest and most comfortable shave I have ever had.
What about the soap?

What about the soap?

For now I am using a puck I got with my Van der Hagen mug...I can work up a really nice lather with it, and I really like the scent. The Conk stuff just isn't working for me.

Looks like I'm going to be trying out some new soaps in the near future...I need to do some research to see what is most liked (Proraso, etc).

Top Bottom