What's new

TOBS Mr. Taylors

Not one of my favorites. I'm not a big fan of perfume-type scents. Give me a more barbershop scent, or something more masculine like sandalwood or bay rum or lime or leather or coconut.

Obviously, scents are such a personal preference and I'm sure there are those for whom Mr. Taylor's is their favorite.

[MENTION=109841]angelbuffguy[/MENTION] You are going to get a lot of hit or miss with TOBS around here. Outside of Sandalwood...Mr. Taylor's is my favorite TOBS scent. It is a very classic barbershop scent. I have been complimented on this scent by some of my female co-workers...the wife really likes it also! By the way...Welcome to Badger & Blade!

My wife was at a store that sells shaving creams. The two she picked based on scent were Mr. Taylor's and Eton College. I prefer Jermyn Street but if she is willing to pick up some shaving creams for me and her, I'm not going to argue.

I didn't particularly care for the scent at first, but it has grown on me. I would consider it a more of a mature persons scent. It's sort of a powdery scent, closer to Eton College and nothing like Jermyn Street.

I tried this again this morning (I have a bunch of TOBS samples.) I like the scent, though it's not very strong.

*Note: I think my nose doesn't work as well as others.

My wife was at a store that sells shaving creams. The two she picked based on scent were Mr. Taylor's and Eton College. I prefer Jermyn Street but if she is willing to pick up some shaving creams for me and her, I'm not going to argue.

wow, such a wife! Hold onto her!
And do tell us about a store in Baton Rouge that carries line of TOBS products!

I liked the scent in general but something about TOBS smells off, like a synthetic note. The performance is fantastic though and it's a good value product if you find the jars in the ~$15 range. Should last a few months of daily shaves.

wow, such a wife! Hold onto her!
And do tell us about a store in Baton Rouge that carries line of TOBS products!

Yeah, I'll keep her. It was really nice to see the packages when she got home.

Unfortunately, the store is in Houston. I forget why she was in Houston. The store is British Isles and among other things, it carries most of the British shaving supplies (soaps, creams, brushes, aftershaves, etc.).

I've tried Rose, Mr. Taylor, St. James, and Grapefruit. I like St. James a bit better, but its pretty close (and they're quite different). I agree with some of the others, Mr. Taylor smells a little older (as in fatherly, not nursing home) and more like a cologne. It was one of my first "real" creams and I love it.

I didn't particularly care for the scent at first, but it has grown on me. I would consider it a more of a mature persons scent. It's sort of a powdery scent, closer to Eton College and nothing like Jermyn Street.

This is what I noticed about it. I really enjoy the scent, but I do wish it didn't smell quite as powdery. The lingering scent was pretty mild though. I also really like the performance, but I am new. Take my observations with a grain of salt.

I liked the scent in general but something about TOBS smells off, like a synthetic note. The performance is fantastic though and it's a good value product if you find the jars in the ~$15 range. Should last a few months of daily shaves.
After using soaps for awhile I almost passed out when I opened up a TOBS tub again. IMO they're easy too strong and GFT is a better performer

I like it so much, that I add a little to the scuttle when I am lathering up MWF soap. Either product on its own provides a great lather... Together you get an aroma mix that is heavenly. MWF is a light Barber Shop smell, with the heavier cologne fragrance of Mr. Taylor is a combination made in heaven. Shaved it last night and I'm still giggling.

Top Bottom