What's new

Newbie checking in!

Hey everone! I've been shaving with cartridges since I started shaving 14 year ago and just recently decided to make the switch. After checking out YouTube and stumbling onto this site I ordered a Merkur 34C, some TOBS shaving cream, a sample pack of blades and a brush. I'm still gathering the courage for my first DE shave. I'm looking forward to the experience, better shaves, and all the amazing info this site has to offer. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The first and main rule at this site is: Use little pressure, almost none.

It will take some time to learn how to shave with a DE razor. It will take at least 20 shaves. But it takes much longer to shave with a straight razor.

The others after me will give you more information.

Good luck with it. Like most of us you'll have to unlearn the habit of using pressure with your razor that you've picked up with a cartridge razor.

Heaps of info here and in the wiki about stuff like beard mapping, using no pressure, getting the blade angle right, etc.

You'll pick it up and hopefully find you enjoy shaving.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B. Lots of great info here: explore the Wiki, and everywhere else. Take your time shaving, and enjoy the experience.

Hey everone! I've been shaving with cartridges since I started shaving 14 year ago and just recently decided to make the switch. After checking out YouTube and stumbling onto this site I ordered a Merkur 34C, some TOBS shaving cream, a sample pack of blades and a brush. I'm still gathering the courage for my first DE shave. I'm looking forward to the experience, better shaves, and all the amazing info this site has to offer. I'll let you all know how it goes!
[MENTION=109967]AZCat[/MENTION] You have to jump headlong into it! Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve, but the reward is so worth the effort. Once you get the basics of shaving with a DE, SE, or straight, you will WANT to spend time perfecting your technique.

Glad you were able to "stumble" upon us and we are happy that you are here. Take some time and look around. There arfe plenty of great conversations going on...not all of them are shaving related, if you can believe that...jump in one and post away! Welcome to Badger & Blade!

Bienvenido [MENTION=109967]AZCat[/MENTION]
Nuestra casa es su casa
Like I just said to Basher from Chandler, Summer is coming to AZ.. Better get some Menthol Shave soap and learn to Cold Water Shave!!

Welcome to the club! Don't overthink it, doesn't take all that much courage. Take it slow and enjoy the new experience.

Yes! I was reading some reviews recently of the Paraso green tub with menthol. I'll definitely need to pick some up for those hot AZ summer days!

Top Bottom