What's new

Harry's Barber Edition Shave Cream

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has tried Harry's Barber Edition Shaving Cream. I keep a Harry's cartridge razor available for those days when I don't want to mess with my DE. I like what Harry's brings to the market, but their cream and gel aren't my style. I like whipping up a lather regardless of the razor I'm using that day. I'm thinking based on the description, the scent of this would be similar to CO Bigelow. Do you any of you folks have a review of this? Also if any of you are interested in trying this, here is a link...

http://www.barneys.com/harry's-barber's-edition-shave-cream-503705255.html

Got it... Smelled it... Hated it. Lathered it... Hated it... Shaved with it... Hated it.

So this was a let down across the board. The only nice thing about it is the jar. The scent of this stuff is like a Halls cough drop. The blue package kind. Like I said the jar however looks great in the cabinet and it turns out it is almost the exact volume of a brand new tube of CO Bigelow (5.3 oz) so I emptied the jar, washed it and now I have a nice looking jar for my CO!!!

I admire your willingness to try something new. Too bad it was such a bust. I've had the same experience. But even now and then I hit on something I really, really like so in the end it's worth it.

I recently picked up a tub of this cream from the Harry's store while visiting NYC and my views are a bit less harsh.

Smelled it...loved it. Strong mint smell that is a bit medicinal (menthol?) but nothing objectionable for me. I like the scent very much.

Applied with fingers while on vacation...loved it. I was easily able to create a thin layer that provided good coverage without using much cream.

Lathered it with a brush when I returned home...hated it. This is obviously not a cream meant for use with a brush, best I could do was get enough in the brush to spread it around enough to cover my face, but way more difficult than finger application. It did not create any sort of lather which was very disappointing.

Shaved with it...loved it. I find the cream to provide excellent cushion and slickness, my shave with a safety razor was close, comfortable and irritation free. Definitely on par with the better shave creams I have used.

In the end, I probably won't buy it again since I like to use a brush and this just didn't work, but for travelling or times where I need a quick shave without getting out the brush, this is a great option.

Top Bottom