What's new

Slants for Sensitive Neck Area?

This is just me of course but...

On a cost basis - 37C.
On a comfort basis - ATT S2

For 30 bucks USD you may like to throw your money down on a Fine Accoutrements slant as well. I'm hearing good things. I'm yet to try mine yet . I should have a go this week.

The 37c, ATT', Fine slant are actual slants, ie the blade is twisted into a helical shape. The 102 is a diagonal,ie the blade is not twisted but the headgeometry makes that it sits diagonal on the grip. You get the same "slicing" action you get with slants, but not the added stiffness of the blade.
I've tried a number of diagonals, Mulcuto (that the 102 is based upon), the 102, Bonsa, and actually like them very much but have found that for me, these diagonals function best when they're very light and applied with absolutely zero pressure. So for me, the 102 is a bit too heavy, I like the (vintage) plastic models better.
Thank you for your response, I will look into the 37c, I know it's a clone of the Hoffritz, Pomco, are they also made of the same materials? I know the current Merkurs are made of zinc alloy with chrome plating, sorry for all these questions, also with these types do they require very light pressure as well? Thanks again.

Thank you for your response, I will look into the 37c, I know it's a clone of the Hoffritz, Pomco, are they also made of the same materials? I know the current Merkurs are made of zinc alloy with chrome plating, sorry for all these questions, also with these types do they require very light pressure as well? Thanks again.
Actually the Hoffritz, Pomco and Coles slants were produced by Merkur and are "rebranded" 37's. Made from the same materials as the vintage Merkurs, except some of the H, P and C were silver-plated and I'm not sure Merkur sold the 37 silverplated as well.
The no-pressure rule essentially goes for all DE's, but extra for diagonals.

Last edited:
Shaved today with the 37C and used the Merkur blade that came with it. One of my better shaves. Face is still smooth even in the evening time. Definitely got a lot closer with it and it feels a lot better. Was a different experience using it as I was afraid I was going to slice myself open at any moment. However, it went pretty much event free. I got a nick on the chin so will have to be extra careful when doing that area. Other than that, I think I'm sold on the razor. I'm going to go back to using my blade pack again. Believe I'll be using a BIC Chrome Platinum tomorrow.

Top Bottom