What's new

Should I use a Beard Oil or Balm?

I've got short/ med length Van Dyke and I'm starting to get some wild hairs. I've never used anything on my facial hair before so I thought I'd ask you Gents. Is an oil better for shorter facial hair than a balm or does it not really matter? Thanks

I Had a medium sized full beard for a while and i would just trim it when it would get uneven and use Beardbrand oil because i had dry skin and my beard would flake, but the oil helped that. If you have rough facial hair the oil will help rejuvenate it.

I prefer the oil compared to the balm. I just found it easier to brush in light and even. I have a similar length/style Van Dyke to yours.

I've had a Van Dyke for years and have now grown a full beard but it is kept trimmed fairly short. I started using beard products about 6 months ago and I couldn't believe the difference. I like oil much better than balms and I make my own (50/50 jojoba /Argan oil with essential oil of my choice). My wife loves the softness of my beard now and the dry skin is gone!

Avise La Fin

Top Bottom