What's new

Graham Field month

Oh man - this sounds like no shave May to me. They didn't cut much for me and May is not a good month to be growing a full beard!
I have some extras if anyone needs some. LOL

I really don't think I could try that blade again. I've come close after hearing people say "short strokes, proper angle" but then I remember the pain of shaving WTG.
However, if anybody wants to try this dreaded blade, PM me and I'll send you my remaining stock.

I have actually found a use for these blades since no one will take the 9 I have off of my hands.

If you take one of these "Blades"? and cover one edge with a thick layer of Duct Tape, it can be used to thinly shave garlic for cooking.

If given the choice between the Graham-Field blades and anything with Nair in it, I'd choose the blades! A day and half of irritation verses up to 2 weeks suffering chemical burns, irritation it is.
Please don't ask how I know about the chemical burns, I still have nightmares about it!:w00t::scared:

So,.... how do you know about the chemical burns!

$63347390.jpg

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. Nelson Mandela

I belive this is the first Graham Field inspired historical quote.

May is almost upon us and i know there are many of the above wretched blades out there plaguing the bathrooms of otherwise fine members so I'm proposing we make a game of disposing of these blades, either;
A. A single Graham field blade for as log as you can through the month of May.
B. A Graham field per day until you are out and free to resume life as a civilised person.
I have 4 blades personally so I will be doing the first option. Any one else wanna play?
I'm in! :w00t:

Today I received two of these infamous blades from [MENTION=81103]rabidus[/MENTION] over the pond here in the UK. Having followed the various threads on the subject I asked for JUST ONE.
I imagine that rabidus sent me two just in case I accidentally got a good one. :001_rolle

I'm in for Option A of the game. I like the wording. That could stretch anywhere between one stroke (or should that be tug) of the blade to a full month's use.

Lets just say that if you ever need, not want to remove under arm hair, nair is not the way to go even if it's for men! Then using a burn relief spray in an airisol can made things 1000Xs worst.

Ouch! I was imagining much lower!!! I think I'll just shave my face, with a razor, and any blade other than TBFH!

I'm in. I'll give one more blade a try. I went 3 cheek and neck shave and 2 head shaves with the first blade. Although I didn't get great close shaves I never experienced any blood loss, burn, or irritation form the first blade. Don't get me wrong it's a dull blade and tugs and pulls which is what makes the no irritation so intriguing to me, and why I feel I'm not quite done with this blade.

I have actually found a use for these blades since no one will take the 9 I have off of my hands.

If you take one of these "Blades"? and cover one edge with a thick layer of Duct Tape, it can be used to thinly shave garlic for cooking.
Goodfellas style!

I'm in! :w00t:

I'm in for Option A of the game. I like the wording. That could stretch anywhere between one stroke (or should that be tug) of the blade to a full month's use.
Last time we visited this blade there where those who loaded the blade in some beautiful vintage razors, using the finest badger hair brushes loaded beautifully made artisan soaps and on well hydrated well prepared faces created fantasticly fluffy and slippery lathers, then as they made the first stroke of the razor, said..."HA, Noooo" and promptly loaded Astras and pol-silvers....
Personally I'm okay shaving with these, don't get me wrong however, I dont want more.

Last time we visited this blade there where those who loaded the blade in some beautiful vintage razors, using the finest badger hair brushes loaded beautifully made artisan soaps and on well hydrated well prepared faces created fantasticly fluffy and slippery lathers, then as they made the first stroke of the razor, said..."HA, Noooo" and promptly loaded Astras and pol-silvers....
Personally I'm okay shaving with these, don't get me wrong however, I dont want more.

Awww c'mon, it's only a MONTH!!!

I've just finished a very pleasant last shave of the month with one of my beloved Personna Reds. :001_wub:

I am now prepared for the appropriately named Mayday!
$GFday-prep.jpg

Here's wishing all the Graham-Field Mayday crazies the best! :a16: :a17:

^^^ yeah!! That's the spirit! I'm considering using a derby to ease the transition...or Nacet and just use the GF lightly every few hours for the month to maintain lol

Top Bottom