What's new

Suggestions for Marine/Oceanic Aftershave

Hey Gents - As Summer creeps closer, it's time to switch up the aftershaves a bit. I'd be happy to hear any suggestions you all might have for splashes that you like with a clear marine/ocean, salt-air, salt water, beach grass, etc. scent. Example: in winter, I use L'Occitane Mer & Mistral balm (reminds me of warmer days ahead while trapped in a New England winter) but prefer a splash in warmer weather.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cheers,
Chris

Hey Gents - As Summer creeps closer, it's time to switch up the aftershaves a bit. I'd be happy to hear any suggestions you all might have for splashes that you like with a clear marine/ocean, salt-air, salt water, beach grass, etc. scent. Example: in winter, I use L'Occitane Mer & Mistral balm (reminds me of warmer days ahead while trapped in a New England winter) but prefer a splash in warmer weather.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cheers,
Chris

'oceanic' is pretty much open to interpretation; more about what it's not rather than what it is.
anyway, since you already like the l'occitane balm, why not get the mer mistral spray edt?

$P.jpg

otherwise, i'd suggest Truefitt & Hill's 1805.

$truefitt and hill 1805 hms victory july 2 2015.jpg

indeed AdP has some elegant 'oceanic' scents in their cologne line-up.
while not strictly oceanic, their colonia aftershave is fresh and bright.
another couple aftershave suggestions, actually Trumpers Skye or even Speick (why not?)
Happy hunting and a good summer!

La Toja Aftershave Lotion - it's got a clean, subtle, almost "salty" herbal scent, the mineral rich salts from the spa water on La Toja island give it a definite oceanic feeling

If you want a complete La Toja experience, try using La Toja's Magno Classic black soap in the shower, La Toja shaving stick to lather up for shaving, and a generous splash of La Toja Aftershave to finish up with

I believe MLSW makes an aftershave in their "Kraken" scent, which is barbershop with marine notes.

I was just about to recommend this! I have the milk version and think it smells awesome. Very clean and oceanic. From the web site:

What do you call Barbershop when you don’t want to call it “Barbershop”? You call it The Kraken.
We took classic barbershop a step further and incorporated an undercurrent reminiscent of fresh ocean air; hints of salt air, sea kelp and agave.

$kraken-aftershave-500x600.jpg

Yes, The Kraken is great stuff. I like the soap, AS, and body soap. Kind of like taking a shower or shaving by the sea. You get a kind of soapy scent (but not barbershop at all to me) mixed with a salt water/beach type of smell, and it blends together wonderfully.

For those who still need suggestion for aquatic scented aftershaves, I have and love these 3:
- B&M Oceana
- PAA Gondolier
- CF Trade Winds

B&M Oceana is very nice.

Also, Barbasol Pacific Rush is a good, if generic, "ocean" scent.
Bath and Body Works makes a good one, too. I can't think of the name right off the top of my head, but I think it may have "ocean" in the name. Blue bottles and such.

B&M Oceana is very nice.

Also, Barbasol Pacific Rush is a good, if generic, "ocean" scent.
Bath and Body Works makes a good one, too. I can't think of the name right off the top of my head, but I think it may have "ocean" in the name. Blue bottles and such.
Was it not called Ocean? But that was/is an EDT as far as I recall and I was allergic to it so I ended up giving it away.

Was it not called Ocean? But that was/is an EDT as far as I recall and I was allergic to it so I ended up giving it away.

It could be called that, I can't remember for sure. As limited as BBW's men's line is, it's pretty obvious which one is which. They had soaps, shampoos, and body sprays in the line, too.
I think they have changed the product in the past year, and I don't know if they changed the name. Don't know if it's just a packaging change, or if the product is different now. To be honest, it always struck me as not a lot different than the Irish Spring Blue stuff you could get at the grocery store, or the Barbasol stuff from the dollar store.

Top Bottom