What's new

Crown King shavette

I had one for a while. It gave a great shave and was weighted very nicely. The blade carrier failed after about 2 months of use though. It never really held the blade very securely to begin with. Before it got so bad that I retired it, I referred that model to a friend and he's had nothing but good luck with his.

Overall, it's a good performer. You just get what you pay for, in this instance, with questionable quality consistency.
hope they fixed the issues.

I came across it and am intrigued. Did you end up getting it? If so, what are your impressions?
it's in the mail, should be here tomorrow :D

All I can say is WOW

ITS scary how much you can expose the blade. LOVE it, managed to shave the back of my head more than I can with the artist club.

took me a bit to do long strokes like I can with the feather but I got there after a while .well worth the $20. The ONLY thing I did not like are the wood scales. They look "dirty" after the use. Not sure how they will hold up after prolonged use

blade is scary adjustable,I set it flush with the top of the razor and managed to do a few passes ATG in the back of the head, something that I could never do with the feather more than once. (did 3 IIRC). the feather irritates me if I do too many passes, with this one not much irritation, however I did get a few weepers here & there, something that did not happen often with the feather, perhaps the number of passes came more into play for the weepers, the handle cleaned out nicely but I think I will order the bone handle next.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just got an unbranded version with the bone scales and it's a lovely heavy thing:
proxy.php

And yes you can get a lot of blade exposure using a full DE blade but the fact that it can jut out the back is annoying.

Isn't this simply a design fault and the talk about being able to adjust the blade exposure a nonsense diversion to cover up the fact that the head's too small?
The Universal Lama Intera doesn't have these problems.

But this razor looks like it's come out of a Mad Max film and maybe a bit of extra blade exposure can be fun [emoji3]

Ok then, fudged design fault or not, the extra blade exposure with the full DE blade coupled with the extra weight of the bone scales make for an absolutely amazing shave:
proxy.php

The extra exposure made it a bit bitey to go ATG but it's a superb shaving sensation.
In my spite of my initial cynicism, I thoroughly approve of this variable exposure heavyweight shavette!

Top Bottom