What's new

I have the equipment, at last: impressions and doubts

Welcome to B&B! When I started out DE shaving I shaved WTG only for the first month just to get used to the razor and making lather etc. The proper angle and pressure will come with practice and patience. Remember it's not a contest and it's not a race. Relax, take your time and go at our own pace. It will all come together in good time! :thumbup1:

Hi, welcome to B&B
The Wilkinson Sword Classic is usually quite forgiving, possibly less pressure or try changing the angle slightly
Wilkinson Sword blades are very good quality, they are one of only 5 blades that I can get 4 good shaves each out of, the other 4 being Personna, Feather, Bic Chrome and Gillette 7 O'Clock Green
It may be worth trying out different blades to find which ones are best suited to you
Use the blades you're most comfortable with to develop your technique and keep the others in reserve
A few months later, go back to the blades that you were uncomfortable with and you may find that they perform differently with experience
Above all else, don't give up - persistence pays !!

+1. Welcome! Some excellent advice. Also suggest you check the wiki.

This morning I got the best shave since I'm using a DE Safety Razor. I used Bic Chrome Platinum and I find them pretty good in my face, even better than Wilkinson. I got no irritation and no major cuts. I think I'm on my way :)

I am not a fan of Wilkinson Sword blades. A sampler is a great idea, but I have no idea what's reasonably priced for you in Portugal. In addition to shaving WTG, you may want to add across the grain. You can save ATG for later, after you have gained more confidence. Best of luck, and enjoy your shaves!

Make sure whatever you are doing causes no irritation. If that is 2 WTG passes then great. Once you are confident, try changing your second WTG pass by 45 degrees and see if that is irritation free. All the regular advice still applies.. good prep, light pressure, and SLOW strokes. Also, I found Cetaphil a godsend. Any drug store has it.. there are 2 kinds, one's odor is less offensive. Totally changed my shave. Apply as preshave before every pass and see the difference.

Top Bottom