What's new

Recommendations for new razors or shaving supplies.

So I have been saving to buy shaving supplies and well the time has come to break the piggy bank open. I was wondering any razors you guys would recommend and/or shaving products. Some info about me: I have been wet shaving for 4-5months. I own 3 razors: a 1959 Fatboy, 1962 ball end tech, and a merkur 34c HD. As for brushes I own an omega 10066 boar brush and a maggard razor 24mm synthetic brush. Soaps and creams I have about 20 samples and then I bought a tube of palmolive classic cream. I haven't used it, but it smells fantastic. So I was wondering what you would recommend or your favorite product. I was thinking maybe Ikon, plissoft, att, or gillette long comb. Let me know your thoughts!
Thanks guys!

Don't overlook Single Edged and Injector razors, Mitch. They shave just as well as DEs (some think even better), and offer a completely different shaving experience.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
DE: Gillette Long Comb New

SE: GEM 1912

Injector: Schick Type E

Straight: Feather AC SS

Cartridge: Vintage Trac II

Soap: La Toja Stick / Haslinger Schafmilch

Cream: Proraso Green

AfterShave: La Toja (to go with stick) Proraso (to go with cream)

I'm happy with the NOS Wizamet W-11 Adjustable I just bought, it's a vintage classic razor from Poland, quirky, but a nice addition to my collection
Some of my favourite shaving products are Proraso Red, White and Green Soap bowls - I'm also waiting for some tubes of Proraso Red, White, Blue and Green shaving cream to be delivered
Arko bowl soap, De Vergulde Hand bowl soap, Godrej Shaving Rounds, Blue's Soap Goat Milk And Animal Fats From New Zealand Shaving Soap
La Toja, Lea and Palmolive shaving sticks - to name just a few !!

Money no object and if I had enough storage space, I think a collection of long and short handled Weishi 9306 razors in every available finish would be cool !!

Answers to two questions will help us provide better guidance:

1. What do you like or dislike in your current hardware and software?

2. Do you wish to find more variety or do you want to zero in on your 'destination' products?

Definitely try a shave stick if you haven't already. La toja, Arko, speick make great sticks. While you're at it, try a badger brush. Enjoy.

Answers to two questions will help us provide better guidance:

1. What do you like or dislike in your current hardware and software?

2. Do you wish to find more variety or do you want to zero in on your 'destination' products?
Currently The only hardware I don't enjoy is the merkur 34C. It is to mild atleast to me. Plus there is no audio feedback with it, which is a big negative. I really enjoy my gillette tech and the fatboy. My favorite creams right now is cella, The Kraken, Cryogen, Palmolive classic cream, and TOBS jermyn st.
As of right now I am looking for variety that way I can get an idea of where to go for my destination product

IMO you are doing well in the razor dept (especially with the additional ones you are considering).

I suggest trying a badger brush (tons of options) as well as some other soaps (perhaps Tabac, MWF or Haslinger's).

The main thing is to have fun!

Currently The only hardware I don't enjoy is the merkur 34C. It is to mild atleast to me. Plus there is no audio feedback with it, which is a big negative. I really enjoy my gillette tech and the fatboy. My favorite creams right now is cella, The Kraken, Cryogen, Palmolive classic cream, and TOBS jermyn st.
As of right now I am looking for variety that way I can get an idea of where to go for my destination product
I have a Merkur 34C that I use with Personna blues. When they are new and I get the angle right I hear that crackle of little hairs being cut. Perhaps a different blade. I like that sound too!

This razor is mild but I don't think that's bad, at least for me, I never have rough shavers. In the future I'll try a more aggressive razor to see the difference.

IMO you are doing well in the razor dept (especially with the additional ones you are considering).

I suggest trying a badger brush (tons of options) as well as some other soaps (perhaps Tabac, MWF or Haslinger's).

The main thing is to have fun!
Ditto on the MWF. I prefer a boar brush but this week has been shaving bliss with the fat

Top Bottom