What's new

Shaving Mug Questions (Currier And Ives)

I just found these bad boys at the local thrift store! Does anyone know what decade these things came out? Also, anyone know anything about this moustache mug?
$IMG_3037.jpg
Thanks for the help!

I have one. I've tried to research them without consistent answers. I've heard 50s, 60s, 70, and 80s. However I see reference to 50's more often than the others.

The Currier & Ives are frequent Chinese repros. Sometimes even with markings, real hard to tell. Have a couple in my collection, pretty sure they are both repros.

I have the FARMERS HOME WINTER mug. Search engines seem to date the mugs to the 1950s but there are some stray claims of Japanese ones going into the 1970s. That would have been 20 years before mainland China became the preeminent land of imitations. Regardless of origin, they can be had for under $10 from online sources. Mine is used exclusively for storage and lathering of Arko, whether one of the now-discontinued pucks or a mashed-down stick. It works well for that purpose.

My Williams puck fits nicely, but all others (Sallus [MENTION=93640]GoneRetroInOH[/MENTION]) don't seem to fit so well. Perhaps I'll have to try this Arco you keep raving of.

Top Bottom