• Sunny Side Up

• Deviled

• Omelet

• Raw

• Fully grown into a chicken, then fried

Results are only viewable after voting.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Some say eggs are the perfect food. Well, I don't know about that but they sure are good. I like em all kinds of ways except over cooked.

How do you like your eggs?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I tend to go over easy. I do not like runny white, and I like to dip my toast. Today, though, was scrambled eggs with heavy cream, green onions, a little cheese, and a healthy dose of Big O's. I have had no meat for two days. No real reason, other than prove to myself that I can. I do want to scale meat consumption down a bit.

I prefer sunny side up, but I splash the oil on top while cooking so the white gets cooked. I don't like the white runny. And as oc_in_fw stated, I'll eat them anyway mentioned. Even raw, only if it was after a good workout though.

My favourite recipe involving eggs.......
2 slices of dry white toast, both spread thickly with....
Colman's English mustard.....
A slice of York ham on each.....
Smoked sheep's milk cheese grated thickly all over the ham.........
An egg sunny side up on top of each pile of grated sheep's cheese.....
More sheep's cheese grated on top of the eggs........
Under the grill until the eggs set and the cheese melts
Freshly milled sea salt and pepper to taste
Then tuck in - Forget knives and forks, just pick it up in your fingers like a pizza slice, bite into it and enjoy - Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!

Some people call it a Buck Rarebit......
Some people insist on putting another slice of toast on top and calling it a Croque Madame....But
I prefer mine as described above, and I call mine by the Royal Navy name that I read online- Cheesy Hammy Eggy !!

I prefer sunny side up, but I splash the oil on top while cooking so the white gets cooked. I don't like the white runny. And as oc_in_fw stated, I'll eat them anyway mentioned. Even raw, only if it was after a good workout though.

Yep

Anyway except those that incorporate air into them, absolutely reject scrambled or most omelettes i see around, vile texture.

Tough to pick a favourite, most often eaten fried sunny-side up with a very runny yoke.

dave

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Aaron:
Rob:
At home...I like my eggs 'over-medium', scrambled, omelets or poached w/ cheese grits, crispy corned beef hash and bacon 'on the side'. :thumbsup:

At restaurants, it's eggs 'over-hard', crispy corned beef hash (if available), hash browns and either sausage or bacon.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"The present was an egg laid by the past that had the future inside its shell". Zora Neale Hurston

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Aaron:
Rob:
At home...I like my eggs 'over-medium', scrambled, omelets or poached w/ cheese grits, crispy corned beef hash and bacon 'on the side'. :thumbsup:

At restaurants, it's eggs 'over-hard', crispy corned beef hash (if available), hash browns and either sausage or bacon.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"The present was an egg laid by the past that had the future inside its shell". Zora Neale Hurston

It was a sad day when I found out that Denny's got rid of the corned beef hash slam.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Aaron:
Rob:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Now I'm hungry.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've never ate poached eggs and I'm not sure what soft boiled eggs are.

I always thought over easy and sunny side up were the same thing....runny.

I'll take scrambled or runny on top of B&G. I'll take runny on top of grits.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've never ate poached eggs and I'm not sure what soft boiled eggs are.

I always thought over easy and sunny side up were the same thing....runny.

I'll take scrambled or runny on top of B&G. I'll take runny on top of grits.

No flipping with sunny side up, so you usually need a lid and a little water to get the whites fully cooked. Over easy is flipped to cook the other side of the white, but the yolk is still runny.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
No flipping with sunny side up, so you usually need a lid and a little water to get the whites fully cooked. Over easy is flipped to cook the other side of the white, but the yolk is still runny.

Ahh that makes perfect sense now "sunny side up".

I don't cook...I just eat.

Top Bottom