What's new

Looking for a after shave balm

Hi all - Back in the 1990's I belonged to a heath club that provided in the men's locker room an after shave balm that I have been looking for ever since. Don't know the brand, it came from a refilled dispenser so it was likely not an expense product. The best way I can describe the scent is to say it was very clean and bold (strong) and had a slight medicinal quality. I want to say it had a very pale blue or blue/green tint. It took me back to the smell of my uncles Swedish massage business back in the 60s when I was a kid. Some suggested Proraso liquid cream but that is not even close. Any thoughts? Love the forum. Thanks

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Sorry, I can't help on the balm. Just wanted to say hello.

[MENTION=87601]toddlindgren[/MENTION] Not really sure what you are talking about but if you stroll on over to the After Shave forum someone there might know. Glad you found Badger & Blade...we are very happy to have you!

Hi all - Back in the 1990's I belonged to a heath club that provided in the men's locker room an after shave balm that I have been looking for ever since. Don't know the brand, it came from a refilled dispenser so it was likely not an expense product. The best way I can describe the scent is to say it was very clean and bold (strong) and had a slight medicinal quality. I want to say it had a very pale blue or blue/green tint. It took me back to the smell of my uncles Swedish massage business back in the 60s when I was a kid. Some suggested Proraso liquid cream but that is not even close. Any thoughts? Love the forum. Thanks
Ask your uncle .

Not much I remember as I was pretty young. Leather massage tables, lots of white towels and shower sandals, a hot box (likely has a real name) with hole in top for your head to stick out of. And of course a heavy smell of whatever lotion he used, maybe eucalyptus, camphor, I don't know what. Wish I could travel back in time and have a look around. And get a massage!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
It might have been Afta.

$41VSVERNVRL._SY355_.jpg

Afta is pretty good but if you are looking for a balm, Niviea and/or Neutrogena both have good ones. They don't smell like much but they do offer good protection for moisturizing your skin. I'd look into these. Most stores have them.

Yes - Dallas TX. Just tried Afta (original) liked it OK but not the same product. Scent is nice but feel is kinda funky.

could have been anything, what 20 years ago!
Afta is closest I can think of.
Recollection of scents is really dodgy after so long a time, and gets mixed into other emotions and smells.
Suggest that you simply shop around and find something that clicks for you today.
Lots of choices.
Good luck!

Top Bottom