What's new

Eczema remedy?

Legion

Staff member
My wife suffers from pretty bad eczema, mainly on the tops of her feet. It is really uncomfortable for her, and I would like to try and find some natural remedy to help. She has had steroid injections, and cortisone lotions, but I am worried about the side effects of those.

Today I bought her some Mitchell Woolfat soap, hoping that the lanolin in that may be better than whatever is in the liquid soap she uses now, so we will see if that helps.

Any advise is welcome.

The Nubian Heritage, African Black Soap really helps keep my eczema in check.

My wife calls it the miracle soap.

I've had very bad eczema in the past, but thankfully my medication worked and I've been relatively free from flare-ups for more than 3 years.
I used to use a lot of Dexeryl cream which was effective as a moisturizer.
I've read reviews from eczema sufferers who swear by Magno Classic black soap, made in Spain by La Toja. I've only just started using it very recently, and so far no flare-ups.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I've had very bad eczema in the past, but thankfully my medication worked and I've been relatively free from flare-ups for more than 3 years.
I used to use a lot of Dexeryl cream which was effective as a moisturizer.
I've read reviews from eczema sufferers who swear by Magno Classic black soap, made in Spain by La Toja. I've only just started using it very recently, and so far no flare-ups.

+1 on Magno, which smells great anyways. It's a must-have.

Did a thread on it:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/477642-La-Toja-s-Magno?highlight=magno

AA

Based on my experience excema is best treated from the inside out. I take fish oil, evening primrose oil and flax seed oil every day (a different oil with each meal to spread them out during the day) and it keeps my excema in check. Also try to identify the foods that trigger an outbreak. For me tomatoes and strawberries. I have never found any cream to be effective except steroids, but I was always worried about long term use.

I used to suffer from Eczema as a kid. Pretty bad, too. My feet (especially around my ankles) were constantly in some state of scratched or healing.

It's a reaction to something. Truthfully, the only "cure" is to identify what is causing the reaction and eliminating it. In my case, it was a dairy allergy. Has she had allergy testing to see what might be causing it?

I used to get eczema on my fingers and feet. The most effective treatment I found was applying Aquifor *as soon as I got out the shower*. This basically locks in the moisture and really helps with healing It was the recommendation of my GP and it worked wonders.

I still consistently do this and have not had any meaningful eczema outbreak for some years.

Good luck to your wife

Top Bottom