What's new

Witch Hazel Appreciation

As a good number us do, we use Witch Hazel for after shave purposes. I recently got it and WOW, I use it virtually twice a day (once with shaving and once again with a nightly face-scrub) and aftershave wise I'm ok but what really impresses me is how it has cleaned up my face and removed redness in my upper cheeks in just some four days. My mother even noticed it and asked about it and wondered where I even heard about it because it is "old.":thumbup:

Anyone else notice these advantages of Witch Hazel outside of a shave feature?

I find witch hazel to work as a decent wrinkle remover. After staying up for 72 hours, I get a little wrinkly. With hazel takes care of that. I don't care much for the smell of it. Luckily it doesn't linger once dry.

I will end up finishing my bottle of Dickinson's witch hazel before any other aftershave I own. Use it after every shave and on non-shave days as a skin cleaner. I have tried to simplify my post shave routine recently. It's now witch hazel then AS splash then face rubbing time :thumbup:

I will end up finishing my bottle of Dickinson's witch hazel before any other aftershave I own. Use it after every shave and on non-shave days as a skin cleaner. I have tried to simplify my post shave routine recently. It's now witch hazel then AS splash then face rubbing time :thumbup:

I do that too, witch hazel and then my after shave of choice for the day. I also do it nightly after a face wash to keep my skin smooth and pore free. I bought Humphrey's in travel size to try it out, now I got Swan in the mail from Amazon today.

the same for me. Dickinson's it top !!!

I find witch hazel to work as a decent wrinkle remover. After staying up for 72 hours, I get a little wrinkly. With hazel takes care of that. I don't care much for the smell of it. Luckily it doesn't linger once dry.

Get some Thayers Astringent Witch Hazel. I have to find it in the health food stores here, not drugstores. I love the Lemon and the Cucumber is nice. None of that burnt medicinal smell of Dickensons.

I wear CPAP at night, causes my nose to break out. A WH rubdown after shaving, cotton ball around the nose and eyes, handful on the rest of the face. Let it dry a minute or two, follow up with AS of choice. Nose breakouts stay away, bags under eyes fade away, crowfeet minimized.

An ice cube will do the same thing

Witch Hazel is just a classic. What else can you say? It's longevity in the market is indicative of it's effectiveness.

I recently have become a convert to Lucky Tiger, which lists witch hazel as its third ingredient. I think I will use a balm with alcohol for the summer, and use a witch hazel based product the rest of the year. Lucky Tiger smells great, by the way, but dissipates quickly. Next I plan to try Thayer's.

Yep, can't find it in Walmart or Target unless I miss it in skin/face care. I doubt it is as cheap as Amazonm though. I must say I don't need the fancy smells for it though. Just give me the witch hazel...

It will be in First Aid supplies with alcohol and such. It is also good for minor burns.

Top Bottom