What's new

Which is your Favorite Bay Rum Aftershave

This is the one I use along with Phoenix Accoutrements bay rum soap and Colonel Conk unscented cream. Pure Bay Rum Bliss.

I just checked the website. $26 for the bottle and $10 for shipping. That's mighty steep....unless someone can convince me it is THAAAAAAT good....

I used to live the Dominica Bay rum. Though since it's been discontinued my go to is Captain's Choice
When was it discontinued?? I bought a bottle a couple of months ago. IIRC, it was "unavailable" (for reasons unknown, to me anyway) for a while, and I had a little trouble finding it in stock. But (again IIRC) production/sale had been resumed.

Anyway...it's a good one! :thumbup1: I'd be unhappy if I were unable to buy any more.

All that said...Captain's Choice is a great BR...I especially like the CO9T!

When was it discontinued?? I bought a bottle a couple of months ago. IIRC, it was "unavailable" (for reasons unknown, to me anyway) for a while, and I had a little trouble finding it in stock. But (again IIRC) production/sale had been resumed.

Anyway...it's a good one! :thumbup1: I'd be unhappy if I were unable to buy any more.

All that said...Captain's Choice is a great BR...I especially like the CO9T!
Last year, must've been around November. I was searching for it and couldn't find it. I read somewhere that it was discontinued for whatever reason. I went to grab some at WCS.

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Dominica-Original-Bay-Rum-Aftershave-Lotion_p_215.html

However, thanks to you saying you got it a couple months back, I was able to find it at what I assume is the distributor.

This is the one I use along with Phoenix Accoutrements bay rum soap and Colonel Conk unscented cream. Pure Bay Rum Bliss.

got my order in of derby city . epic bay rum. sweeter just like I enjoy although heavy on cinnamon. a little artistan like. thumbs up.

Last edited:
50/50 mix of Pinaud VIBR & Master BR. Very nice. Decanted mine into an empty Pepsi Bottle. Used the VIBR Label. $001.jpg

Captains Choice North, also Ogallala Sage & Cedar and Lime & Peppercorn right behind. The Ogallalas give my face a nice soft feeling afterwards and have great staying power. Just what you need to faceterbate.

Captains Choice North, also Ogallala Sage & Cedar and Lime & Peppercorn right behind. The Ogallalas give my face a nice soft feeling afterwards and have great staying power. Just what you need to faceterbate.

CC North's scent dissipates 2 milliseconds after I put it on. :bored:

Magic in a Bottle.

That's what I call Captains Choice Cat-o-nine Tails. This is magic in a bottle. Razor burn obliterator.

It's my 911 of aftershaves.

George Trumper Bay Rum has a great scent, but it doesn't last. That can be a good thing, depending on your circumstances. Clubman's Bay Rum starts out smelling great, natural and traditional, but then its scent modulates to a musky smell that I don't associate with BR.
Gilbert Henry is really good. The cologne is especially long lasting. Gabel's is probably the best buy, but it doesn't last either.

Top Bottom