RazoRock Plissoft Disruptor
I Coloniali Mango Oil Shaving Soap
Merkur 34C
Omega Alum Stick
Lab Series DMDL

Have a great weekend everyone!

proxy.php

Good Friday Gents, Nice posts and photos today:

Chris (CT23) Very nice, one of your best yet!

Enjoy your day, and the upcoming weekend, and we appreciate ALL submissions for your SOTD whether in post or photo format. Thanks for supporting the SOTD

Thanks Dave.

Saturday's Planned SOTD

[SUB][/SUB]$P1100344.jpg

Razor: Gillette Black Beauty (S5)
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (D2)
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Doug Smith 5" Shaving Mug
Pre Shave Scrub: MRGLO
Pre Shave Oil: AOS unscented
Shave Soap: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Fine American Blend

DE Shave Week shave 4

Kit: Gillette Slim P3 (1970)
Feather Stainless Steel

Proraso Green
12 oz. Crown King Scuttle
Omega +2 badger brush of lathering
Proraso AS

This is the final of a special series "the DE week shave off" I am using my Gillette's (which also happen to be the only DE's I have) in order of age in the hopes to get the dust off them, and to determine the champion. Today is my 1970 Super Adjustable. I got this one off of the Bay to complete my stable. This one felt definitely different than the other three razors in the series. Setting 2 was definitely harsher than the other razors. Perhaps its due to the number of shaves on the blade, but it did perform on par with the others, but with the harshness of the Super Speed. I definitely like the balance of this razor as well as, or perhaps better than the Slim. Perhaps the lighter handle shifted the weight towards the head like with the Fat Boy. I am not sure if there are changes to the geometry of the head but I have read that the Super Adjustable was a complete redesign from the Slim. The settings on this razor are more aggressive than with the Slim. I still like it very much. One pass and a DFS just as with all the brothers.

Now for the decision. You've been waiting all week for it. If i were to choose only one razor, I would have to struggle long and hard because they all excel in different important areas. While I am hesitant to choose a 'winner' for this round I would stick with the Slim, but would be holding on a long time to the Super Adjustable. With the Super Speed in my pocket. All of these razors are easily capable of delivering a BBS+ shave in two passes. As I've said in another thread, If shaving with straights weren't so doggone much fun, I would be using these razors. This challenge is not over. I will revisit these boys again. Probably coming up with a different decision each time.

Respectfully submitted,
RB

View attachment 655293

ATT S1 + Maggard's MR5 handle / Feather

SOC Boar
Shaving Bowl by Symmetrical Pottery
Tabac shave Soap
4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser Aftershave

proxy.php

Have a great evening, all!

SOTD 4.30.2016
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

proxy.php

Gillette Flair Tip SuperSpeed
PolSilver SI (2)
Rubberset 400-4 TGN finest
Vintage Shulton Old Spice shave soap
Vintage Shulton Old Spice AS/Cologne

Have a Great Saturday Gentlemen

Razor - Fine Superlite Slant
AS - Aqua Velva Ice Blue
No prep cold water 4 pass face lathered shave. This plastic wonder shaves unbelievably well. Who would have thought eh.

Bob

proxy.php

Muhle R89 / Lord Classic SS
Semogue 1438
Proraso Green
National Alum (India) / Adidas Team Five AS Splash / L'Oreal Hydra Energetic ASB​

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Executive Man
Soap: Martin de Candre-Fougere
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Blue Super Platinum (6)
Brush: RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra Silvertip-28mmx51mm
Aftershave: Fine American Blend

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

MdC today. 20 seconds to load the RR/Zenith Silvertip. Easy, thick, slick, lather. 7 O’Clock Blue SP still in the Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Fine American Blend.

Bob

proxy.php

30 April 2016

* Wolfman WR1-SB + UFO Colibri 12mm
* Iridium Super
* WSP Manchurian + Doug Korn Amber Taca
* Mystic Water Marrakesh
* Unrefined Shea Butter
* Bergamot/Vetiver EO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom