What's new

A proposal: in addition to the monthly challenge, we have a monthly assignment.

just a general topic, and something that anyone can shoot, so you could have, say, architecture, but not macro shots of bugs. bugs would be fine, but not everyone can do macro work. just like we could have the night sky, but not expect some of the astro shots I and others post.

all entries would be subject to discussion and constructive criticism

It could only help improve the poster's technique. I like it. But the idea is similar to the clinic so it would have to be distinguishable. JM2C.

the difference is that in the clinic i can post anything. in the assignment it has to be the subject. for example, if we say "the moon" most will break out thier telephotos and try to pull up the details of Fra Mauro, whereas I might go for a moonrise or a landscape or cityscape that captures the moon. it's about being creative with the subject. kind of a blend of the clinic and the challenge ideally the assignment will be to use the camera's controls, and to be arrogant, will be primarily a DSLR oriented thing, since few point and shoots have the controls a DSLR has, and we don't have to limit it to a single photo, if we wanted the assignment to be, say, exposure or DOF.

I like the idea of an assignment. It's a great excuse to get out and shoot with a purpose. The added benefit of CC separates it from the monthly contest.

Good idea to do an assingnment, it was something mentioned to me previously and was an idea that I would have brought forward so I am pleased to see this thread!
Please feel free to pass some more ideas about here or if you have something in mind then start an assigment thread for May:001_smile

I actually thought about posting the same thing. I think its a good idea...followed by a critique at the end of the month. I havent broke out my camera in months. This might be a reason to do so.

You are going to make me dust off my gear and see if I can shoot something other than scantily clad women aren't you?:lol:

:lol: I see a few stalker charges pending if that was the case. :lol:

I did at least set up an actual shoot with the ones I took photos of. :thumbup1: Although, that was such an easy subject to get hooked on, I pretty much neglected everything else.

The choice of a girl calling me and wanting to strip and have me take photos of her under a sheet for a magazine, or walking around trying to get a shot of that bird that wont sit still...... For me........ Well, let's just say I don't have a lot of bird photos in my portfolio.

I like the idea. It would be good to mix in some basic techniques instead of specific subjects too since we have all levels of skill here. Pan Action, high/low key etc.

OK. I'll be happy to run with this if all agree, I have 12 subjects that I think are interesting.
so that will go out for a year

Sounds good to me! I will find it very useful, along with a lot of others I would think, it will help to improve my photography skills I am sure:001_smile

Sounds good to me as well. It'll show me how bad I really am. :lol:

But, hopefully I will learn something from it and get back to enjoying it instead of having everything tucked away.

Top Bottom