What's new

What was your first shaving cream?

Slick slop indeed. :thumbup1:

There is some very good shaving product from your part of the world.
I'm considering Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Shaving Cream, made in Portugal. I picked up their after shave which I like a lot.
I also will be adding Musgo Real classic scent as well.
Sounds good
La Toja and Lea shaving sticks are top quality Spanish products that are worth considering too

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
What I have to say is probably forbidden.

My first cream is one I remember from 1966.

It was Lime in the can. I used it only a little for my first attempts with a double edge razor.

I couldn't shave with a DE razor, so I went to an electric razor.

But I still remember that great Lime smell.

Not forbidden at all, thanks for sharing. At least it smelt nice.
I suffered through many canned creams with rubbish results. Moved to canned gels and still hated shaving.
Don't shave and scratch my face raw at the end of the week. Shave for a few days and back to not shaving, a vicious cycle.

All that made my first non aerosol cream such a pleasure.

Noxema for the brush and Kings, neither of which are available today.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I had a beard from the time I could grow one till about 8 or 9 years ago. That was when I originally started looking here (2008) and bought TOBS St James and Avocado. I don't remember which one I actually used first. (I'm sure there was some canned stuff for trimming before that but nothing sticks as first).

I started shaving with a tub of Proraso green then my first order from Frendrihan I grabbed a tube of Proraso Red.

I started off with an Edwin Jagger puck of soap that came with an EJ set, razor, stand, brush, etc. But I really wanted to try a cream, so I went on Amazon and saw that TOBS Sandalwood was their best seller. Ordered up a tub and wow, what a difference. Never used a soap again.

I worked my way through the entire TOBS lineup, but Sandalwood turned out to be my favorite. I've since moved on, but I recently picked up a tub to get free shipping from ATT. Solid, not great, performer but the scent is wonderful and brings back very pleasant memories.

Not going to count my teen years using Barbasol foam or Edge gel (which I rather liked).

When I started wet shaving exclusively a couple years ago, my first cream was New York Shaving Company Tonsorial.
And coincidentally, I am about to finish it up - I think I have one more shave left (by pulling some cream off the lid).

Todd

Hard to remember 40 odd years back but it was likely either Palmolive or Noxzema. Many stores stocked them back then.

Bob

Top Bottom